Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
drowning article - good read! >

drowning article - good read!

Notices

drowning article - good read!

Old 04-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I'm sorry Dave . That water is so cold no one could survive long. Sad news. We had a drowning on Lake St. Clair already too. I guess this all goes together to remind us to be safe this season.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Drownproof yourself and your family . Yes it works , I taught my children this when they were very young . Unfortunately this will not help much in cold water . http://www.drownproofing.com/

http://youtu.be/JFHClnhrKE8
Old 04-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Your friends have my prayers Dave .
Old 04-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prayers sent Dave, That was a eye opening article.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
sorry to hijack the thread with that, was just online looking for news. They found my friends daughters body . . . . Still looking for my other friends son and one other, thanks for you thoughts . . . .
Dave, I'm really sorry to hear about that !! My thoughts & prayers are with all involved...

I'm obviously not the "op" but in no way did you hijack anything, it was very timely and just validates what the thread is all about.. And not to take a "rabbit trail" but I don't know anybody around here who has given any more to this board than you have.. I know you've helped me from time to time throughout the years with little things here & there and I've seen countless times where you've gone well out of your way to help many many others as well, so know that your appreciated and that you have the prayers of many !!

Scott
Old 04-17-2014, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prayers sent gd, news no one ever wants to hear
Old 04-17-2014, 08:19 PM
BRT
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the deep
Drownproof yourself and your family . Yes it works , I taught my children this when they were very young . Unfortunately this will not help much in cold water . http://www.drownproofing.com/

http://youtu.be/JFHClnhrKE8
Please forgive me but I have an issue with this statement of teaching drown proofing to kids of any age.

Drown proofing is reserved for advanced swimmers with scuba training that focuses on neutral buoyancy. Professional divers and combat swimmers are trained in this realm, not rec swimmers/divers. Again, please forgive me but this training evolution has no place in teaching swimming.
This is from a man that has over 15 years dive experience, 13 of them as a police diver.

Not popular with rec boaters but necessary, if you are not a strong swimmer the PDF is always on where near the water including the dock.

Sorry for those of that have lost ones to drowning, very sad
Old 04-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Prayers sent Dave, very sorry to hear.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BRT
Please forgive me but I have an issue with this statement of teaching drown proofing to kids of any age.

Drown proofing is reserved for advanced swimmers with scuba training that focuses on neutral buoyancy. Professional divers and combat swimmers are trained in this realm, not rec swimmers/divers. Again, please forgive me but this training evolution has no place in teaching swimming.
This is from a man that has over 15 years dive experience, 13 of them as a police diver.

Not popular with rec boaters but necessary, if you are not a strong swimmer the PDF is always on where near the water including the dock.

Sorry for those of that have lost ones to drowning, very sad
I will not get into a debate with you on this . In my eyes it is very easy to teach and may prevent a drowning so why not . Take a peek at my profile to get an understanding of my background .
PS: Drownproofing focuses on the natural positive buoyancy of most bodies with two lungs full of air and has nothing to do with neutral buoyancy . That is diving terminology .

Last edited by the deep; 04-17-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.