Lance Armstrong lots of talent but still had to
Old 04-25-2014, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Still had to What???
Old 04-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

There is an easier way to get around having this happen to your boat !!!!!!! Its called win by a little. Let others get to the pin first and slowly pick them off one by one. At the end just edge them out at the finish. Plus its great to watch. Beating everyone from the green flag to the checkered by half a lap is not fun to watch nor will you get racers coming back to race you. Having the control to not want to wax everyone is a whole different story. This strategy is probably out the window for them at this point LOL
Old 04-25-2014, 08:48 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
There is an easier way to get around having this happen to your boat !!!!!!! Its called win by a little. Let others get to the pin first and slowly pick them off one by one. At the end just edge them out at the finish. Plus its great to watch. Beating everyone from the green flag to the checkered by half a lap is not fun to watch nor will you get racers coming back to race you. Having the control to not want to wax everyone is a whole different story. This strategy is probably out the window for them at this point LOL
totally agree, when i first started racing in the Batboats we would take all of them out periodically on the Ohio river where Chris kept them and run them one at a time and then match all of them to the slowest boat (although they were within a few mph anyway) at any rate it was a sh!t ton of fun racing nearly identical boats. I use to love letting everyone else scramble to be the first to the pin then pick them off one at a time (if i could) I cant imagine how boring it would be to zip to the front every time and stay there. Don't get me wrong, i commend the Doc and crew for building a fantastic piece and i do agree its important to advance technology/design but that time has come and gone for a lot of classes. In SVL i think with the fleet as it is its more important to preserve parity (i know i know easier said then done) Still my favorite class along with SC.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

SBI must have hired someone away from NASCAR or at least sought there advice b/c this sounds all too familiar to me. Been living it for 20+ yrs.
NASCAR tells the team owners, drivers & competitors that it is about the FANS & providing them a good show, PERIOD!!
Question them some more & they remind you what sport afforded you your $1M motorcoach & private jet
Old 04-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey didn't this happen when there was factory classes ???? now where are the factory classes
Old 04-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
There are two things to consider here. They may have thought of that strategy but OL want's their boat a half lap out. Why wouldn't they? That helps them sell boats. Second, What's the say that holding it a half lap out is all that it had? For all we know there may still be plenty left in the boat. I see it all the time in the world of NHRA. You don't have to look farther than the HD P.S.B. team so see that scenario.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:44 AM
Registered

Well sounds easy enough fix, If they are not cheating which seems to be how the other teams feel then they can swap motors with another team in the class.
Now let everyone see if they can still win, see if it is all hull or all motor that has them on top.

As for the weight increase they can do a check on the boat's CG and specify that as the fixed location for the weight.

Last edited by poddy; 04-27-2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:01 AM
Registered

I'll hold my opinion back until I see another OL on the course, or until Doc sells his (less top secret power of course) and it ends up in the back of the pack just as the Fountain did
Old 04-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Registered

Was the Fountain sold sans power ? Could it be the talent in the cockpit making the OL so far ahead of the pack ? Wasn't there rules at one time that added weight to boats with additional steps? Did that go away now ? I thought that was part of what held back a couple other boats from coming on the scene as quickly as they could ? All I see in the sbi rule book now is 4750 lbs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.