Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Recommendations for 1st LOTO trip.... Where to stay? >

Recommendations for 1st LOTO trip.... Where to stay?

Notices

Recommendations for 1st LOTO trip.... Where to stay?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommendations for 1st LOTO trip.... Where to stay?

We are planning the 1st trip the third week of September. We are looking around the Osage Beach area for condos with docks. I really am trying to find facilities that have dock, ramp, and trailer parking at the condo complex.

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

I found the Knolls Resort as an option. Opinions?
Old 04-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stayed at the Kapilana Resort last year during the shootout. Really nice place with great docks, protected out of the rough stuff. Highly recommended!
Old 04-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Aqua Fin Resort...on the same point as Camden On The Lake (Horny Toad)...and, as such...WALKING distance to The Toad and Shady Gators. Tie the boat up for the evening, and tie one on at the bars, then stumble home. Its always been a good plan for us! http://aquafincondos.com/
Old 04-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Stayed at Camden and LOVED it. We booked the upper room suites (did so again this year). Great view, next to toad's, shady gators near by, and a kick ass pool bar
Old 04-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Robins Resort is a smaller, quiet place, but they have their own ramp, nice docks, and trailer parking.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Realize that going to LOTO the 3rd week of Sept will be very slow compared to Summer.
How many people are going in your group????

Hardly any resorts/condo complexes have their own boat ramps and the ramps at the few that do have them are steep and narrow.
I would use the ramp at Public Beach #2 or one of the Marina ramps.

The Ledges is a large complex with a very good land and water location with good docks. There are tons of rentals on VRBO.
Blue Moon Marina is next door and you could use their ramp for a fee.

Camden on the Lake is nice, but pricey
Never stayed at Robins, but have stayed at about a dozen other places.

Last edited by Griff; 04-23-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griff
Realize that going to LOTO the 3rd week of Sept will be very slow compared to Summer.
How many people are going in your group????

Hardly any resorts/condo complexes have their own boat ramps and the ramps at the few that do have them are steep and narrow.
I would use the ramp at Public Beach #2 or one of the Marina ramps.

The Ledges is a large complex with a very good land and water location with good docks. There are tons of rentals on VRBO.
Blue Moon Marina is next door and you could use their ramp for a fee.

Camden on the Lake is nice, but pricey
Never stayed at Robins, but have stayed at about a dozen other places.
We will be going with our two kids, 10 and 12. They are diehard boaters also. They are looking forward to seeing the performance boats just as much as we are. This will limit us to the types of places we can go I understand but I'm sure there are other places that I would feel comfortable taking them with on the lake.

We will be planning on staying 3 days and doing things on and off the water.

On the Ledges or the use of the public ramps... My concern is dropping the boat then what do I do with the trailer while we are there? Since it isn't located on the condo grounds then my wife would need to drop the trailer somewhere and drive the truck back to the condo to be picked up at the dock. Maybe I'm over thinking this?
Old 04-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coopsmirage
We will be going with our two kids, 10 and 12. They are diehard boaters also. They are looking forward to seeing the performance boats just as much as we are. This will limit us to the types of places we can go I understand but I'm sure there are other places that I would feel comfortable taking them with on the lake.

On the Ledges or the use of the public ramps... My concern is dropping the boat then what do I do with the trailer while we are there? Since it isn't located on the condo grounds then my wife would need to drop the trailer somewhere and drive the truck back to the condo to be picked up at the dock. Maybe I'm over thinking this?

Call Berger's Marina at the 1mm - decent ramp and will likely let you keep your rig there as well if its not TOO crowded. Or, as Griff stated...PB2 has a great ramp and parking for your rig. Leave it all there and do everything by boat.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The knolls is right up the cove from the new Red Head Yacht Club & Performance Boat Center. Great views at the Knolls on the channel side. Well kept complex, older, but in a good area.

There are lots of options but I'd stick close to Osage Beach area.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by coopsmirage

Trailer can be left at public boat launch #2 very close to the ledges off hwy 54. They have passes available. lake ozarks marine offers a service where they will drop you in and take care dropping the trailer etc, when your done they can pick you back up at the ramp. There is a fee of course but it makes it hassle free.
Lakeozarksmarine.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.