Notices

Sale on racing oil.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:25 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Your true 100 % racing oils is only good for a short period time as it does not have the same additives as your extended drain oils. True 100 % racing oil is lacking the detergents and dispersants among other additives that are not intended for extended use. These additives cause slight drag in the oils flow so hence a 100 % race engine use a racing oil for that reason to free up what ever hp they can. Anyways the jist of it not to go into long storyline topic here. Maybe Borgie will post all of that. .
Old 11-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
The secret schit I use is so slippery, when i turn off my motor it takes 12 min 21 seconds (on average) for it to stop spinning.
Pretty common on those McCormick Deering engines..... POP, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. Might be time for a repower.

Editor's note- the above is a comical reference to what is commonly known as a hit and miss engine. For further explanation, ask your grandfather.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 11-18-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Your true 100 % racing oils is only good for a short period time as it does not have the same additives as your extended drain oils. True 100 % racing oil is lacking the detergents and dispersants among other additives that are not intended for extended use. These additives cause slight drag in the oils flow so hence a 100 % race engine use a racing oil for that reason to free up what ever hp they can. Anyways the jist of it not to go into long storyline topic here. Maybe Borgie will post all of that. .

^^True Story.
I called the tech line @ amsoil and asked which one to use for my application, Dominator racing oil or the premium protection 20w50.
Tech guy said Premium is the way to go.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:08 PM
BUP
Banned

oh I thought U were posting that true story about Borgie chiming in. What happened to him, did you guys run him off.

Look down the road as possible on my end to becoming a Mystik distributor and dealer. I already talked to them in person, the ball is in my court now.

FWIW, I had a diesel mechanic tell me a story about that Mystik 15w -50 that we use and said the same thing, " it is one tough oil and would not use anything else for his apps (diesel) .
Old 11-18-2014, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Its a lot less drama without condescending Borgie telling everyone how smart he is and dumb we all are. Do you miss him?

My only issue with the Mystic is ...good base oils are expensive, how good can the Mystic oil be when it breaks down to less than $4/quart? Secondly, it`s a synthetic blend but whats the ratio.. is it 50/50 ? I don`t know if there are any rules governing the ratios.. for all know its a 95/5 dyno oil.

I know Amsoil is good base stuff, I`m thinking of switching.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:58 PM
BUP
Banned

They have marine spec oils as well that are NMMA certified, not saying this means a huge bunch. Take a look at what Mobil 1 sells for as that price is not expensive either plus many swear by it.. I totally get price does dictate quality most of the time but not all the time.

Mystik is made by Citgo and FWIW, 50% of the what the OEM marine engine manu sell, is made by Citgo, just private labeled thru them. Again not saying good or bad about it. For the money, for the average boater very hard to bet the price especially if you are already buying the OEM's oils. Just saying basically..

Also I can less if Borgie posts or not. He did not bother me either or, I really think he was just trying to help out to a certain point - that's it. I will give it a rest.

Last edited by BUP; 11-18-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
^^True Story.
I called the tech line @ amsoil and asked which one to use for my application, Dominator racing oil or the premium protection 20w50.
Tech guy said Premium is the way to go.
They told me HP Injector for all my 2-smoke stuff years back for the same reason. Advised that if I wasn't tearing it down for rebuild/inspection regularly, avoid Dominator and use the HP instead to prevent corrosion during down time.