Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Old School Members' Any left >

Old School Members' Any left

Notices

Old School Members' Any left

Old 04-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

It's been interesting reading this thread. It is striking how many of the old school people have left performance boating. Many have said it just isn't the same anymore.

Back in 2005, I think the writing was on the wall. I'll never forget the post on OSO "Yup. We're done" by Jim and Mary Dietz who said they were getting out of the sport. A good part of the sport is the people, and the comradery was gone. They had a beautiful boat called WickedWon, which they sold. I knew after reading this that the sport was changing.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...were-done.html

It's been interesting to hear on this thread that a lot of the "old school" members have also gotten out of the sport, although not necessarily out of boating.

Michael
Old 04-26-2014, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They forget we were the old members when they first started now they are all ass holes on here I hope i see some of these guys in person this year and its not going to be pleasant thats for shore
Old 04-26-2014, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 4,411 Likes on 1,265 Posts

^^^^ Threatning members .. hope you never wonder why mostly people on here don`t like you.
You may have 2400 posts since 2008 but 2390 of those are in the swap section.

Man how I`d love to show you whats up.

Michael, we have some great comrodery here in Chicago, and from the pics posted all over the country.. not sure why one couple getting out of boating means the sport is changing. Still a great time on the water every weekend.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 04-26-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

charter member....still here just not posting as much
Old 04-26-2014, 09:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
^^^^ Threatning members .. hope you never wonder why mostly people on here don`t like you.
You may have 2400 posts since 2008 but 2390 of those are in the swap section.

Man how I`d love to show you whats up.

Michael, we have some great comrodery here in Chicago, and from the pics posted all over the country.. not sure why one couple getting out of boating means the sport is changing. Still a great time on the water every weekend.
come show me whats up bet you cant i would pop you like a pimple you little ****

Last edited by kidapache; 04-26-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I'm not exactly sure why you interpreted that to mean "one couple getting out of boating means the sport is changing". It's the best example of a turning point, which I thought was well described by Jim and Mary. Did you read their post? It's before your time, so I can understand that you would not have a point of reference. It really was different then. It's already changed, at least for offshore, regardless of what it looks like in recent pictures you've seen.

Anyway, I am glad you are enjoying the sport in Chicago, and I wish you all well.

Michael
Old 04-26-2014, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kidapache
come show me whats bet you cant i would pop you like a pimple you little ****
Why are you here still?
Old 04-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 4,411 Likes on 1,265 Posts

Hes checking the Wanted section incase theres some newb who just joined and he could sell him some of that junk hes got laying around his dump.

Kid, I could tell you that Id knock your front teeth out but I doubt you have any you hillbilly.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Registered

dont know. everyone with real power boats left they were tired of all the bull**** with members with no boats talk en trash all the time
Old 04-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Still here. Lurked for about a year before I joined. Check site almost everyday still . there has definitely been a change in the quality of the posts, not for the better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.