use of cabins and center console's >

use of cabins and center console's

Notices

use of cabins and center console's

Old 04-27-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default use of cabins and center console's

For those of you that have big v's do you use them much? It seems to me that they are quitr a compromise and with the push to center console boats it seems that cabins are better in theory than in reality
Old 04-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

I use mine frequently and love it! We do have AC, fridge, full head, shore power, and can sleep 4 though. It is great for going on weekend runs and staying the night in new places! If I didn't live near Lake Michigan and only ran smaller inland lakes I would probably have a party cat instead.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We use it for the little ones to nap in. Other than that is is just storage and a place for the wife to change/freshen up.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
For those of you that have big v's do you use them much? It seems to me that they are quitr a compromise and with the push to center console boats it seems that cabins are better in theory than in reality

Answers will depend on region:

Up north guys: use them all the time, sleeps 27, put a tent over the cockpit and it feels like a floating NYC loft
Down South: Luggage/fender storage, place to get out of the sun/fvck for a few minutes before you sweat to death
Old 04-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought ours for the comfort and convenience. We have all the comforts of home, A/C, Full shower, vacu flush toilet, sleeps 4, 5 if I could ever talk my wife into it (Never going to happen), cook station, and room to relax and watch tv on the water. We purchased a New 24 ft cuddy in 2012 but found it lacking as anything other than a lake boat. I would never own anything other than a Express Cruiser, real cruisers are too slow.