Are 5 blade props Bravo XR killers ? >

Are 5 blade props Bravo XR killers ?

Notices

Are 5 blade props Bravo XR killers ?

Old 04-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Are 5 blade props Bravo XR killers ?

I know it's all relative to slip, HP, and weight of boat but what I want to know is overall am I killing a drive running a P5 ? Been trying some Bravo 1's but my boat loves that P5 like a fat kid loves cake !
Old 04-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything above stock horsepower = YES !
Old 04-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in my situation at this point in time I'd say no they are not......I'm no expert but last year I had to scrub a few mph for insurance reasons so I went to the guys at Bblades. They sent me a pair of 5 blade props with a different pitch and I was told by others they are drive killers. I put them on my sonic and my boat LOVED them. I scrubbed the mph i wanted to but I loved the way they changed the boat. Now after my season ended last year I opened up my xr's to see how bad they were and to my surprise they were in better shape then after a full season with my 4 blades. I was then told that the 5 blades are better for the drives due to the fact that there is a constant load on the drive (blades sort of overlap one another) and no "gap" in between them which causes a constent load and unload on drive. Like I said I'm no expert at all but so far this is my experiance with 5 blades.........
Old 04-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
I know it's all relative to slip, HP, and weight of boat but what I want to know is overall am I killing a drive running a P5 ? Been trying some Bravo 1's but my boat loves that P5 like a fat kid loves cake !
somethings wrong with your ad

Listing disabled

Sorry, this listing is not approved for displaying now. It was either added/modified recently or expired. It will appear after renewing or approving by administrator.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
in my situation at this point in time I'd say no they are not......I'm no expert but last year I had to scrub a few mph for insurance reasons ......
Wait a minute! We're supposed to tell the insurance company's how fast our boats really go?
Old 04-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 4,383 Likes on 1,252 Posts

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
Wait a minute! We're supposed to tell the insurance company's how fast our boats really go?
Yeah no kidding, how would they ever know? Johhny they don`t call you Honest Abe do they ?
Old 04-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Yeah no kidding, how would they ever know? Johhny they don`t call you Honest Abe do they ?
Never been called honest Abe, but I can tell you one thing.....due to an insurance claim that was not my fault at all, I was subject to a lot of scrutiny from a few attorneys and ins. companies, and I always slept better at night knowing I had or have nothing to hide. And without saying to much, watch what you say here guys, transcripts of conversations on OSO did show up in court........ Now back to the theory of 5 blades being bravo xr killers.........

Last edited by Here's Johnny; 04-28-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In my application, I believe they shorten the life span of my bravo drives... I since gone back to 4 blades.... If I can make an entire season without losing a drive I would be happy
Old 04-28-2014, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 4,383 Likes on 1,252 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny

. And without saying to much, watch what you say here guys, transcripts of conversations on OSO did show up in court........
Wow, no kidding, that is good info, thanx for the heads up.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Wow, no kidding, that is good info, thanx for the heads up.
yes good stuff! I put 5 blades on mine and got up to 57.6 MPH GPS ............. Just sayin for future reference!

Not to Hijack this thread so let's carry on with OP question

Last edited by abones; 04-28-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.