Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record >

Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record

Notices

Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record

Old 05-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Well, I seem to have missed the part where the president of APBA said the boat didn't meet the svl criteria. Can you show me where that was said? What reason was given? Lack of tech inspections? It's no longer considered an SV Single but is now an official SV Light kilo record ttbomk. I also never said that the people posting here were unqualified onlookers. I know that some of them are racers and I have a lot of respect for "T2x" and the other present racers. Just looking for the actual facts. There is really a lot of an animosity over this.
Didn't you read where Matt Trulio wrote he either spoke to Mark Wheeler or was waiting on a return call from Mark Wheeler to set the facts straight on this story, a thread Matt initially called "...sets svl kilo record" then corrected and explained in detail? Do you know Mark Wheeler is the President of the APBA?
Old 05-10-2014, 10:26 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all smoke and mirrors and about selling boats. No offense to the Fountains but if you think Reggie never stretched things out to get a favorable view from the public eye, may monkeys fly from your sphincter. Doesn't make it right though. just sayin.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Cevert
Didn't you read where Matt Trulio wrote he either spoke to Mark Wheeler or was waiting on a return call from Mark Wheeler to set the facts straight on this story, a thread Matt initially called "...sets svl kilo record" then corrected and explained in detail? Do you know Mark Wheeler is the President of the APBA?
I did not know that Mark Wheeler was president of APBA, no. I also just caught the fact that the record was changed from svl to sv single. There were so many threads running on this and so many posts that I got it mixed up and didn't catch everything. I think I get the whole picture now. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Cevert
Seems? Really, that's good enough for a tech inspection? It either passes tech or it fails.

FYI, the President of APBA was the guy who said the boat didn't meet the svl criteria, not a bunch of unqualified onlookers. That's one big reason the APBA didn't classify it under their Offshore category but instead carved out the Special Event category SV Single, a class that apparently has no criteria published anywhere anyone can find.
Oh I get it now, the boat didn't qualify for SVL class for some reason so they made up a class for it where it could compete with itself...sort of like some classes of boat racing today
Old 05-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Oh I get it now, the boat didn't qualify for SVL class for some reason so they made up a class for it where it could compete with itself...sort of like some classes of boat racing today
No..it gets even better..... They ran, then days later decided what class they ran in after the fact.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To sum it up, the new SV single (or whatever it is) :record is one of three things:
1. Pathetic
2. Heroic
3. Of no consequence whatsoever

Pick one as it seems like most already have, myself included.
Have a nice day.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
To sum it up, the new SV single (or whatever it is) :record is one of three things:
1. Pathetic
2. Heroic
3. Of no consequence whatsoever

Pick one as it seems like most already have, myself included.
Have a nice day.
Yes, it's pretty silly and meaningless! Just a side attraction to the main event I guess.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Call it what ever anyone want's , just call it 180 in a V bottom and that should impress anyone that know's anything about speed in a boat
Old 05-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 556 Likes on 337 Posts

Here's another APBA record set back in 2009 , this boat went 176.55 MPH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yr7...28307443E76336

Old 05-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
Call it what ever anyone want's , just call it 180 in a V bottom and that should impress anyone that know's anything about speed in a boat

This isn't about the 180. This is about SMB's run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.