Notices

Lake Cumberland

Old 05-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
This should be a pretty quick class. Point to all the debris floating in Lake Cumberland and explain that it isn't safe to performance boat there.
This guy came to a Donzi Run at Lake Cumberland a few years back and got caught trying to rip off the organizers of the run and a key sponsor red-handed. I know, I was one of the organizers. His credibility is a sum total of about -10. Best ignored, which is what most do in the Donzi community.

I was at the Lake last weekend. It's a flood control reservoir, so there are going to be debries in the spring time. Tres's class should be just fine. Thanks for doing it!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

We put out community dock in near Conley Bottom two weeks ago and the lake had a significant amount of debris, but there were lots of boats running. This year should be worse than usual as far as debris. I have been boating at this Lake all my life and almost every year at this time debris is a major problem. It will typically start to clear about Memorial Day and get better from there. Rarely do you see much of anything by the Fourth of July. The lake level was kept down 40 feet for Dam repairs for several years. During this time vegetation and small junk trees grew. All this will pose more problems, how much, we will see? I was pleasantly surprised about its condition 2 weeks ago. Cumberland is absolutely beautiful at its proper level. The debris will clear. It is always worse in the head water East portion. Best in the West toward the Dam(Jamestown, State Dock, Grider Hill)
For those planning to come to Lake Cumberland this year, I would think you would have little worries after the Fourth of July. Before the Fourth, I would check out the condition before I come.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

The lake will be great. I'll see you on the water for my refresher at Cumberland, Tres!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by roadtripse
This guy came to a Donzi Run at Lake Cumberland a few years back and got caught trying to rip off the organizers of the run and a key sponsor red-handed. I know, I was one of the organizers. His credibility is a sum total of about -10. Best ignored, which is what most do in the Donzi community.

I was at the Lake last weekend. It's a flood control reservoir, so there are going to be debries in the spring time. Tres's class should be just fine. Thanks for doing it!
Well, that explains a lot, he's just a butthurt thief talking out of his azz.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still spots available for this weeks class to be held at Jamestown Marina Thurs/Fri