Lake Lanier Poker run Who's going?  July 17-20 >

Lake Lanier Poker run Who's going? July 17-20

Notices

Lake Lanier Poker run Who's going? July 17-20

Old 05-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Legacy Lodge at top right center. Villas just below that. The beach area is the POKER RUN HQ area with docks etc. A, B & C docks at bottom part of beach C, D, E, etc at top end of beach. Lake House on loop just south of beach.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Lanier Poker run Who's going?  July 17-20-lanier-islands-aerial.jpg  
Old 05-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 895 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Hotel room, villa or lake house at the resort? Any recommendations?
I would think part of it depends on how many people and how long you are going to be here. if just you and the misses and coming for a couple nights you may just a room. if you are staying for 4 or 5 days then a villa, if there are several people in your party then the lake house may be better.
there are lots of things to do here before and after the run. I live outside Dahlonega which is a nice little gold mining town with shops and resturants on the square and several great wineries in the area. if you bring a car or motorcycles then you can go ride up through the mountains to many of the small towns (Helen, Blue Ridge, Blairsville and more). but be warned that you need to be a good rider as the mountain roads are cliffs on one side and a couple hundred foot drop on the other. there is also Dawsonville and the racing museum at the city hall if you want to see what nascar was like in the old days. lots of good shops and scenic rides up my way or toward Atlanta.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
I would think part of it depends on how many people and how long you are going to be here. if just you and the misses and coming for a couple nights you may just a room. if you are staying for 4 or 5 days then a villa, if there are several people in your party then the lake house may be better.
there are lots of things to do here before and after the run. I live outside Dahlonega which is a nice little gold mining town with shops and resturants on the square and several great wineries in the area. if you bring a car or motorcycles then you can go ride up through the mountains to many of the small towns (Helen, Blue Ridge, Blairsville and more). but be warned that you need to be a good rider as the mountain roads are cliffs on one side and a couple hundred foot drop on the other. there is also Dawsonville and the racing museum at the city hall if you want to see what nascar was like in the old days. lots of good shops and scenic rides up my way or toward Atlanta.
The only other person on here from Murrayville!
Old 05-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 895 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyMoney
yea, most on here are 'big city folks'.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyMoney
I can't believe there is another PERSON from Murrayville, much less a member here.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking forward to going!!! we will be there