1997 Outerlimits 47'  'Four of a Kind' info >

1997 Outerlimits 47' 'Four of a Kind' info

Notices

1997 Outerlimits 47' 'Four of a Kind' info

Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Yep, pretty amazing. A guy that probably should be in jail is now being celebrated because he broke a speed record......makes me sick!
I don't understand why outerlimits would use him in the cockpit knowing his questionable past. I'm sure they could have found someone else qualified that's not a con artist. I would think they would know its a bad pr move.

Let's take for example the athletes that have issues such as tiger woods infidelities. His sponsors dropped him because they didn't want to be associated with that as it's bad for business and public image to support people in those situations. Seems like here outerlimits supports joe sgro even with them knowing his involvement as being a crook. I love outerlimits boats but just calling things as they are.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 272bajadriver
I don't understand why outerlimits would use him in the cockpit knowing his questionable past. I'm sure they could have found someone else qualified that's not a con artist. I would think they would know its a bad pr move.

Let's take for example the athletes that have issues such as tiger woods infidelities. His sponsors dropped him because they didn't want to be associated with that as it's bad for business and public image to support people in those situations. Seems like here outerlimits supports joe sgro even with them knowing his involvement as being a crook. I love outerlimits boats but just calling things as they are.
It was his race boat they used.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe he wasn't trying to set a new speed record. Maybe he was stealing that boat and trying to get away.......... very fast.

(Didn't follow the CardShark fiasco, so really no opinion on JS)
Old 05-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
It was his race boat they used.
Maybe OL should have cut ties with JS rather than pursue interests as such
Old 05-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Let's not taint the Outerlimits record here. What they did is amazing. Secondly, Joe S. is one of the greatest off shore racers of all time. What he did or does for a living may be up for debate morally or otherwise but then again this sport has had nothing but "colorful" people through the years.
If you put morals and goodness into the equation, we would have to retract a majority of all the off-shore records out there!
Old 05-14-2014, 12:36 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Let's not taint the Outerlimits record here. What they did is amazing. Secondly, Joe S. is one of the greatest off shore racers of all time. What he did or does for a living may be up for debate morally or otherwise but then again this sport has had nothing but "colorful" people through the years.
If you put morals and goodness into the equation, we would have to retract a majority of all the off-shore records out there!
AGREED!!!

If we got rid of all the "CHARACTERS" of this industry I don't believe it would be much left to cling on to the way we all do..... Believe it or not EVERY industry has "those guys", no matter how squeeky clean they appear. Joe Sgro, IS, a legend of boat racing and has pissed away more money doing it than most of us will make in a lifetime. He IS also the one that did write a check and pay his fine. You look at Al, George, Benny, Willy, Sal......ain't none of those guys were squeeky clean..... but they made the mystique of our sport what it is.....
Old 05-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Ben Kramer walks on water around here and is cool but this guy is a problem. I dont get it.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
AGREED!!!

If we got rid of all the "CHARACTERS" of this industry I don't believe it would be much left to cling on to the way we all do..... Believe it or not EVERY industry has "those guys", no matter how squeeky clean they appear. Joe Sgro, IS, a legend of boat racing and has pissed away more money doing it than most of us will make in a lifetime. He IS also the one that did write a check and pay his fine. You look at Al, George, Benny, Willy, Sal......ain't none of those guys were squeeky clean..... but they made the mystique of our sport what it is.....
I guesd what im trying to say is because of what this guy and the other thieves were doing to insurance companies not onlu were they stealing they caused everybody elses insurance rates to go to the sky. All the hard working people suffer yet they stand behind this guy? Im sure that $850k he paid he got from his scheme thay he was running for years.

In my opinion just feel strong towards thieves and crooks thats all. Dont other people feel the same way?

Last edited by 272bajadriver; 05-14-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hustler40
Ben Kramer walks on water around here and is cool but this guy is a problem. I dont get it.
and don't for get about the "1"!!!! if we were flies on the wall when all the sales of boat brands, fed deals etc. he did were going down it'd change the way he is honored and viewed I bet LOL.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well this thread certainly went off the tracks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.