Carrie Cover company. Lightweight boat covers >

Carrie Cover company. Lightweight boat covers

Notices

Carrie Cover company. Lightweight boat covers

Old 05-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrie Cover company. Lightweight boat covers

Has anyone else had a lightweight boat cover from Carrie cover company made for there boat?
I'm dealing with Mickey the owner and having no luck. The 1st cover was made really poor.
Mailed it back at my expense sent new specific measurements per there format. They remade cover
And It's so poorly made its going to have to go back again. It doesn't even come close to fitting .
We've been very patient but now Mickey isn't returning calls or emails.
Any one else have any dealings with them? Very frustrating $2,100 later
Old 05-21-2014, 06:37 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

I purchased a cover from them for my 382 a few years back, was told it would be custom and fit perfectly needles to say it wasn't even close as it was made for a Fountain not a Formula. Would never deal with them again.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I bought my boat it came with a Carrie cover. After a few years it shredded. Contacted them for a replacement and was quoted $1300-1500. Bought a generic "30' performance boat" cover off the internet for $300 and it fits/works just as good as the old cover.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Hard to beat a custom canvas/cover place. For example, Phil's Custom Canvas in Lake Ozark, MO is $30/foot using high quality Aqualon, sewn in vents, as many pole snaps as required, extends 12" below rubrail, as many cleat pocket as you desire, and a sewn in pouch that holds the ratchet strap so you can easily cinch the cover tight. Mine is on its 7th season now and still looks like new.
Attached Thumbnails Carrie Cover company. Lightweight boat covers-wheels.jpg  
Old 05-21-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered

I used these guys for my cover http://www.boatcoversdirect.com/prod...nDHNK9d7_D_BwE not quite custom but it is pretty close and you cannot beat it for the price.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 More Cig
Has anyone else had a lightweight boat cover from Carrie cover company made for there boat?
I'm dealing with Mickey the owner and having no luck. The 1st cover was made really poor.
Mailed it back at my expense sent new specific measurements per there format. They remade cover
And It's so poorly made its going to have to go back again. It doesn't even come close to fitting .
We've been very patient but now Mickey isn't returning calls or emails.
Any one else have any dealings with them? Very frustrating $2,100 later
I have personally had them build me 5 different light weigh covers over the past few years. 3 of them for race boats, and one for a 47 fountain and a 38 Center Console
They were all perfect and have been a great product,,, The covers are not our in the sun, and have done well for there purpose
For travel I have been looking hard at one of the covers that Randy Kent has designed and it looks outstanding...
Old 05-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by J.B. Marshall
I purchased a cover from them for my 382 a few years back, was told it would be custom and fit perfectly needles to say it wasn't even close as it was made for a Fountain not a Formula. Would never deal with them again.
Thanks for taking the time to give me your input! I will say she contacted me today and said mail it back for a full refund.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Hard to beat a custom canvas/cover place. For example, Phil's Custom Canvas in Lake Ozark, MO is $30/foot using high quality Aqualon, sewn in vents, as many pole snaps as required, extends 12" below rubrail, as many cleat pocket as you desire, and a sewn in pouch that holds the ratchet strap so you can easily cinch the cover tight. Mine is on its 7th season now and still looks like new.
That looks great! That's what I'm use to with my canvas covers that stay on the boats while at the dock. Ed at Lake Ozark Marine gave the same recommendation. I'll give Phil a call. Thanks for taking the time and posting a pic, I really appreciate that!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
I have personally had them build me 5 different light weigh covers over the past few years. 3 of them for race boats, and one for a 47 fountain and a 38 Center Console
They were all perfect and have been a great product,,, The covers are not our in the sun, and have done well for there purpose
For travel I have been looking hard at one of the covers that Randy Kent has designed and it looks outstanding...
I'm glad they worked out well for you. I don't know why they couldn't get it right but in Mickey's defense she did get ahold of me today and said mail it back for a full refund.
Thanks for your input!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I just did all the measurements on their diagram and was sending it back with payment. Should I not go forward?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.