Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

thank you for the reply's
Old 05-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Are you doing the deal in person?

Cash is best. Make sure you have a bill verification marker/pen...
and/or do the deal in your bank lobby so you can have them verify the cash.

I've done this before so no one has to travel with cash:
Have the buyer go to a branch of YOUR bank near him with his cash. Have the bank write a bank certified check on their paper which is again your bank. When the buyer gets to town, go to your bank and have them verify the check, and verify good deposit into your account. Your local bank can also call the original branch the check was written at to verify authenticity, so have the buyer get a manager name/number when he gets the check written.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Are you doing the deal in person?

Cash is best. Make sure you have a bill verification marker/pen...
and/or do the deal in your bank lobby so you can have them verify the cash.

I've done this before so no one has to travel with cash:
Have the buyer go to a branch of YOUR bank near him with his cash. Have the bank write a bank certified check on their paper which is again your bank. When the buyer gets to town, go to your bank and have them verify the check, and verify good deposit into your account. Your local bank can also call the original branch the check was written at to verify authenticity, so have the buyer get a manager name/number when he gets the check written.
yes,making the deal in person

thank you
Old 05-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once had a guy send me a check for a 40 foot enclosed race trailer, my bank said the check was good, account had the funds to cover. On instinct, I called the Porsche dealership it was written from. Manager apologized for me being ripped off, someone had printed checks with their routing and acct numbers. Told I hadn't released trailer or deposited check, was just making sure. They had 4 calls that week like mine,3 got ripped off. Check was good, signature was bogus, didn't bounce till they hit the other bank....Always check it out!