Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone usung octane booster in their 1,350's? >

Anyone usung octane booster in their 1,350's?

Notices

Anyone usung octane booster in their 1,350's?

Old 05-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I would have to agree with ktron. Get it delivered to the house, no fuss no muss
Old 05-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Im sure its possible,,,,, and maybe even practical,,,,, but in my mind,,,,,Im not trusting a 1350 to "made " fuel !!!
Old 05-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector747
Not sure how close you are to these guys but they carry 96, 101 and 103

Ft. Lauderdale VP RACING 96 101 103 Vp Racing [954-565-7670] 3955 N Andrews Ave N26.17538 W80.14657

And here's the link to pure gas in Florida

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=FL
Thank you! I think I added a wing to the owners (mark) house with what I purchased for the Mercedes boat. Went with 1350's to avoid having to go crazy getting gas. Who would have figured 93 would be a pain?
Old 05-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
Check locally to see if there is a truck that can deliver 93 oct right to your house. My Father lives in Marco Island and he had a guy that would come to the house as long as he bought a 100 gallon minimum. Good Luck and beautiful MTI!!
I called and they wont deliver 93 unless I take 500 gallons as that is their minimum from their supplier!
Old 05-23-2014, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Thank you! I think I added a wing to the owners (mark) house with what I purchased for the Mercedes boat. Went with 1350's to avoid having to go crazy getting gas. Who would have figured 93 would be a pain?
Just buy a house and leave it at LOTO. We have plenty. Probably an on the water marina every 7 miles with 93 ethanol free.

I'll even let you keep it on my lift until you get yours built
Old 05-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many tanks the boat have? Is it possible to fill one with race fuel and transfer to other tanks to blend as needed? Or have a 40 gallon tank installed with a transfer pump? Not sure if it's practical ..... But then again is anything practical on an MTI.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOOSTane Engineer here!

Hey guys,

I am one of the engineers over here at BOOSTane. We just had a few orders come in, and were referred to this thread as to where they had found out about us. That being said, I can answer any technical questions that anyone has. BOOSTane is a premium octane booster with the 3rd party knock engine and dyno testing to verify our claims. We offer a more affordable and convenient alternative than race fuel and other fuel solutions.

To address a few off the bat...

Originally Posted by SS930
Any octane booster with MMT (including BOOSTane, Torco, Turbo 108, Lucas, NOS, etc) will effectively raise octane.

MMT is the active ingredient you're looking for...
SS930, you are correct. MMT is one active ingredient that a lot of octane boosters on the market use. However, be careful, as products such as Lucas, NOS, and Turbo 108, that you will find at your local auto parts stores, use such small amounts of MMT that it will not raise your effective octane rating. They make claims of 3 or 4 points, but get away with this due to clever marketing, as it will "raise" your octane from 93 to 93.4. As for the octane boosters such as Torco, that have worked in the past, the big problem you run into is the settling out of the active ingredients. Rendering them useless in your tanks, or worse, clog fuel filters and injectors. This is what has taken the BOOSTane engineers so long to develop. Suspension in solution, indefinitely. As a result of solving this problem, BOOSTane achieves the highest octane ratings (up to 110 if needed), reliably, and effectively. See the comparison test below of BOOSTane vs Torco to see for yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-WmsURxC18

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Thank you! Do I have to worry about damaging the motor using these? The brand the local speed shop carries is Dragon racing
With BOOSTane you do not. With our proprietary carrier, BOOSTane and its active ingredients will stay suspended and maintain the effective octane rating that it achieves for your engine. It will not effect Catalytic converters, plugs, O2 sensors, or any other diagnostic equipment.

Good luck guys this Memorial Day Weekend, and let me know if you have any other questions!!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 894 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
Check locally to see if there is a truck that can deliver 93 oct right to your house.
You do realize this is bad luck Gino?

Story will go like this......

1. Gas truck cracked the marble driveway then backed into the Lambo parked in the driveway which bumped the chopper and it fell on its side.
2. While pulling the hose up the side of the hose the guy broke the gas line to the propane generator, spewing LP gas into the air. Gino was smoking a Cuban cigar on the side of the house igniting the propane. Fire dept. responded, hosing down the side of the house, causing minor flooding inside the house, as a window was broken in the hose down. ATF cited Gino for having illegal Cuban cigars, city cited him for having a generator too close to the house.
3. He prepaid for the fuel delivery and fuel truck was confiscated as part of the fire investigation and they had to flush the tank as part of the inspection,
4. HazMat showed up and put a boom around his house in case of fuel contamination and the foam they used killed his expensive palm trees just planted last year.
5. So it is a holiday weekend, car/bike are out of commission, boat is on the lift but not fueled and he can't even use the boat since the HazMat boom is around his dock!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Registered

I've heard of using toulene as a booster. supposedly 2.2 numbers per 10% but im not about to try it. If so it'd be cheap and convenient
Old 05-24-2014, 06:33 AM
Registered

Go to the website of Boyd Welding.com from Ocala. They can build you ant type of custom fuel tank with pump and hose reel that you desire. They also build custom fuel trailers with pump and reels. Maybe you could look at some kind of tank for your truck, custom fuel trailer or storage in your garage. Pull out the hose to your boat on your lift and fill it up. I had them build a 200 gallon tank that fits under my tonneau cover on my dually. The local marina where I have my boat on a lift lets me pull into their well, back the truck up and fill it up. Their products are top quality. Hope this idea helps you out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.