Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business >

Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business

Notices

Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business

Old 05-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business

I don't believe a single member of OSO should give River Side Marina of Houston, TX a single dime of their money. After the way the owner just treated my wife and I today we decided to to see what others have experienced and this is what we learned about what this business did in February of this year.....

http://www.ktrh.com/articles/houston...vice-12084228/

This is our experience from today, but after learning about how he treated one of our War Veterans our experience isn't all the important, nor does it surprise us. The guy in the video pushing around the camera man is the person we had our experience with! Maybe it was my shaved head that trigger him?!

The owner of this place is an absolute A-hole! My wife and just moved to Houston and we were checking out different places to launch our boat, something we wanted to do before just dragging it to unfamiliar ramps and marinas. We walked down the dock only a few minutes while we checked everything out only to have to owner walk up to us asking, "are you guys meeting a boat!!?" We said "no, we are just checking the place out." He said, "you need to do that from up there!" Pointing to a deck just a couple of steps up. We started to walk back to our truck because of this guys attitude, but I decided to turn around to explain to him what we were doing, told him "we just moved here and was simply looking for places we could bring our boat" and that "we were not acting like A-holes on his dock." He then replied, "how would you like it if just anyone was climbing around on your boat!!" We both replied, "what boats were we climbing around on! We are looking to give you business!!" His reply, "I don't want you F'ing business!!"

Job well done A-hole!!

Last edited by TW720HVY; 05-25-2014 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Link fixed
Old 05-25-2014, 07:57 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
I don't believe a single member of OSO should give River Side Marina of Houston, TX a single dime of their money. After the way the owner just treated my wife and I today we decided to to see what others have experienced and this is what we learned about what this business did in February of this year.....

http://www.ktrh.com/articles/houston...vice-12084228/

This is our experience from today, but after learning about how he treated one of our War Veterans our experience isn't all the important, nor does it surprise us. The guy in the video pushing around the camera man is the person we had our experience with! Maybe it was my shaved head that trigger him?!

The owner of this place is an absolute A-hole! My wife and just moved to Houston and we were checking out different places to launch our boat, something we wanted to do before just dragging it to unfamiliar ramps and marinas. We walked down the dock only a few minutes while we checked everything out only to have to owner walk up to us asking, "are you guys meeting a boat!!?" We said "no, we are just checking the place out." He said, "you need to do that from up there!" Pointing to a deck just a couple of steps up. We started to walk back to our truck because of this guys attitude, but I decided to turn around to explain to him what we were doing, told him "we just moved here and was simply looking for places we could bring our boat" and that "we were not acting like A-holes on his dock." He then replied, "how would you like it if just anyone was climbing around on your boat!!" We both replied, "what boats were we climbing around on! We are looking to give you business!!" His reply, "I don't want you F'ing business!!"

Job well done A-hole!!
I know there is a new owner, have not met him yet. He has pumped a bunch of money in and the food was ok. I did hear about the incident with the veteran, several locals say the guy is an ongoing problem, abuses his veteran status in every way possible. Which is a shame.

Personally, I am embarrassed that you had a bad experience at what used to be a fun boating destination.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:08 PM
Registered

Link didn't work, here is the article:

Posted Thursday, February 20th 2014 @ 6am *by*KTRH's Eric Sharp
A former Marine and Gulf War Veteran said he was told to leave a Houston area bar and restaurant because he had his service dog with him.* Don Brown of Spring Texas was given a medical discharge from the Marines after being diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.* About eight months ago he got a service dog named Truman to, as Brown said; help him cope with everyday life.*

According to Brown he met a friend at the River Side Inn Marina in Channelview Wednesday for a burger and he brought Truman with him.* The waitress told Brown the dog could not be there and Brown explained it was a service dog.* The waitress went to check with her manager and that’s when Brown said a man came out from across the room and asked Brown if he was blind.* The Manager didn’t think Truman was a certified service dog and told Brown to leave because of an “attitude problem”.

It is against state and federal law for a business to ask about a person’s disability or to deny service to someone with a service animal.* Brown originally told his story to our t-v partner Local 2 because he said he wanted the whole world to know how he was treated.* The restaurant refused to comment on the incident.***
Old 05-25-2014, 08:08 PM
Registered

I cannot speak for the Veteran, but if he has PTSD the signs are not always so obvious to the general public and while it may appear he is just using it for an excuse, but unless we can actually wake in his shoes we will never know.

There is nothing for you to be embarrassed about, you're not the one that treated my wife and I the way he did.

We are looking forward to running the river, we found a place upstream that should work just fine.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
Link didn't work, here is the article:

Posted Thursday, February 20th 2014 @ 6am *by*KTRH's Eric Sharp
A former Marine and Gulf War Veteran said he was told to leave a Houston area bar and restaurant because he had his service dog with him.* Don Brown of Spring Texas was given a medical discharge from the Marines after being diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.* About eight months ago he got a service dog named Truman to, as Brown said; help him cope with everyday life.*

According to Brown he met a friend at the River Side Inn Marina in Channelview Wednesday for a burger and he brought Truman with him.* The waitress told Brown the dog could not be there and Brown explained it was a service dog.* The waitress went to check with her manager and that’s when Brown said a man came out from across the room and asked Brown if he was blind.* The Manager didn’t think Truman was a certified service dog and told Brown to leave because of an “attitude problem”.

It is against state and federal law for a business to ask about a person’s disability or to deny service to someone with a service animal.* Brown originally told his story to our t-v partner Local 2 because he said he wanted the whole world to know how he was treated.* The restaurant refused to comment on the incident.***
Try the link now, I think I fixed it.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there a Phone # and Name of said D-Bag?? Some folks my want to call him..Or an Email. Some people just need to be reminded what a D-Bag they are... I'd tell his Parents
Old 05-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
Is there a Phone # and Name of said D-Bag?? Some folks my want to call him..Or an Email. Some people just need to be reminded what a D-Bag they are... I'd tell his Parents
As a matter of fact here is the web(s) site I found today...

http://riversideinnmarina.com/

http://www.citysearch.com/profile/10...estaurant.html
Old 05-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Registered

The funny thing, we have a Belgian Malinois and we usually bring her with us when we're out visiting, but this time we didn't. It would have been funny as hell to imagine what his reaction would have been had she been with us.

For those that aren't familiar with the breed, they are a fan favorite of the U.S. Military.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523778[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Not A Single Member Should Give River Side Marina Their Business-795_dooley-modified-webdsc_9651.jpg  
Old 05-25-2014, 09:27 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
I cannot speak for the Veteran, but if he has PTSD the signs are not always so obvious to the general public and while it may appear he is just using it for an excuse, but unless we can actually wake in his shoes we will never know.

There is nothing for you to be embarrassed about, you're not the one that treated my wife and I the way he did.

We are looking forward to running the river, we found a place upstream that should work just fine.
I can assure that this mans behaviour is not typical of our river. I would be pleased to recommend alternative launching points on the river and also to clue you in on the navigation hazards.

Last edited by Wobble; 05-25-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
I can assure that this mans behaviour is not typical of our river. I would be pleased to recommend alternative launching points on the river and also to clue you in on the navigation hazards.
That would be great and we are not going to let this experience keep us from boating on the river and knowledge of the hazards would be much appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.