Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!! >

3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!!

Notices

3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!!

Old 05-27-2014, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!!

Went to Buckeye Lake Friday night on the count that B dock was basically full at 5pm and they were the only public docks open on Memorial day weekend at PIB. Arrived to Liebs Island around 530pm with my driver side rear trailer tire sticking out about 2 inches farther the the rest. Knew it was a bearing, because I need to go thru them all and have just haven't gotten around to it. Put the boat in and when I pulled the trailer out tire came off, no brakes on the rear axle. Monday before we left I fixed the bad bearing and headed home. On the way home we stopped and got something to eat which was probably a mistake because when we got back on the freeway the middle axle same side bearing took a dump. I'm on I71 north of Columbus, OH trying to get a tire off so I can limp it home and as I'm working 5 feet from 70mph semis theres a state patrol in the middle of the N and S bound lanes giving me the thumbs up and asked if we are OK, I'm thinking get you arse over hear and block this lane or least throw out some flares for me, nope guy just sat in his car.

Got tire off and limped home on 2 tires, about 2 miles from my house I turn down a street and hear pop front bearing driver side let loose, luckily I was right next to a gas station and I left it there, picked up parts the next today fixed it, got her parked in the barn and finally relaxing. A total of 4 bearings have broke since I've had the boat, gonna go ahead and replace the other 2 before I go out again.

Other then that boating was fun, boat ran good, having some AC issues but not a big deal the nights were cool got a HPF code on a Ocean Marine unit, the heat worked the night before and it pumped water, when I switched it to cool it ran fine for about 5 minutes then quit, never payed attention to weather not it was pumping water, I could never get it to turn back on even if I reset the breaker it just kept flashing HPF, any thoughts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523863[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!!-img_2440.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol good god man.

So what you're saying is you're getting good at changing hubs on the side of the road?
Old 05-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Didn't you have problems a while back when you bought the boat???
Old 05-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking at your signature pic…the boat seems to be way too far back on the trailer……..
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 05-27-2014, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Jesus. Alignment/weight issue? That's a nightmare!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I feel the pain, had bearing and axle issues last year including a spindle snapping off tube while pulling into gas station! replaced all 3 axles, first trip out this year wiped 3 bearings, Myco forgot to tell me about the seal update and how to space them to seal, so water was in hubs all winter and wasted them..... barely any grease at al in there anymore, luckily Myco rocks they apologized and sent me all 4 sets the 3rd axle has sealed hub with no brakes that one was fine.... Myco was very helpful getting it taken care of!!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a bearing issue towing it home back in April. And the trailer sat was never used but 2 times a year from launch to house which is less then a mile round trip. They all need replace I just haven't gotten around to it. Thought that short tips would be ok, wrong. I have 2 left to go thru and will probably have 2 extra sets for long trips just in case. Most of the hub caps have been rusted so I'm guessing water got in thru there and then rusted out the bearings.

It sucks but it's gonna get taking care of before I take the boat out again that for sure.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I hate to type this, but I believe you are going to be forever chasing issues with that trailer under that boat. Winter storage and 2 short trips a year to the local ramp is one thing. A boat "living" on the trailer, fair numbers of trips, and some decent mileage is a whole separate ballgame.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-28-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I hate to type this, but I believe you are going to be forever chasing issues with that trailer under that boat. Winter storage and 2 short trips a year to the local ramp is one thing. A boat "living" on the trailer, fair numbers of trips, and some decent mileage is a whole separate ballgame.
Stop being such a Debbie Downer, Brian!!! My trailer has been sitting in a fenced in lot since last October when I put it on the lift. It's about 2 miles away from my house. I haven't checked on it.......But I'm sure it is fine!!!

Last edited by OldSchool; 05-28-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Stop being such a Debbie Downer, Brian!!! My trailer has been sitting in a fenced in lot since last October when I put it on the lift. It's about 2 miles away from my house. I haven't checked on it.......But I'm sure it is fine!!!
You have your trailer on a lift? Baller!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.