Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The things people try to pass off as work amazes me at times.... >

The things people try to pass off as work amazes me at times....

Notices

The things people try to pass off as work amazes me at times....

Old 05-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts
Default The things people try to pass off as work amazes me at times....

I took my coaming boards into the upholstery shop a few weeks ago. Took on of the old ones with me. Spent a half hour talking to the guy explaining how I wanted them done, what conrers needed to be tight, where the piping goes etc. told him I needed them in 2 weeks and he said n ot a problem, He gave me a price, I gave hum a deposit. Also gave him all the foam he needed and the vinyl. 2 1/2 weeks go by and I stop in. My stuff hasn't been started, in fact its buried under a bunch of crap. I get the story that one of their workers quit and nobody knew what was going on with my stuff, yet the guy I originally talked to was in the back of the shop. So I explain everything again and they tell me it would be ready today. about 1 I get a call that its ready but the "guy whom quoted me the price has no business quoting prices", so its now going to be 50% more. That irritated me but right now time is more valuable than money so I head over to pick it up. Sewing looks great, the nailed the design I asked for, but I looked at it for less than 30 seconds when I threw it back on the table and told them to try again. I looked like a 6th grade girl in home ec, fitted and stapled it on, the corners looked like hell. Needless to say the boss wasn't there and Im supposed to get a call in the morning.

How in the hell do you blow a deadline, bump the price 50% and then try to hand somebody sh!t work????
Old 05-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I got the same kind of chit with my rear bench seat . My 10yo granddaughter could have done a better job . $250. wasted on chit and used my foam . I should have hit him over the head with it but I picked it up the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend last year and needed my back seat . I feel your pain bro .