Notices

hard day :(

Old 06-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Sorry man. Be proud of the great life you gave your best buddy!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so sorry for your loss. They are part of the family. We also had to put our Rat Terry Sport down a couple years ago. Had him from 6 weeks old.Swore we would not have another pet yet one year after Sport passed w
e rescused a Jack Russell. We named him Jack. He doesn't replace Sport but he gives us much pleasure.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sucks man sorry
Old 06-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My condolences. I lost my Rotti last year to what we believe was cancer. It's rough losing a pet.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

MNF, very sorry to hear that. Been there done that and it sux.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:07 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear brother... Keep your memories close to your heart. Never forget your bond... He'll always be with you... They always are. Stay strong!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hang in there, I know the feeling and what your going through... It just plain sucks and hurts. I put my 11 year old Great Dane down 2 summers ago and it was the first I've ever done something that hard. I picked him up 8 weeks after he was born, I even felt bad the first time I left him to go on vacation. It will get easier with time, for me I had to get out of my house for a few days as everything reminded me of him. Tearing up right now just thinking about him. Your not alone.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks everyone!!!
It has been a hard long time coming for this day. Have know about his enlarged heart issues since last fall.
Vet says he has done great over the last 6+ months but the time was near on any accord.
What made an even worse day that in light of putting Teddy down we choose to put our boxer up for adoption as well.
We made the hard decision to go completely dog free Between work, family and such we felt the boxer home alone was not good and this being our second family dog to put down in recent years we did not want to go thru this again!
Our worked for the best, our Boxer went out to a Lady that runs a Nursing home. So She, Sugar, will go to work with her and be a Daily Aid at the nursing home! Talk about being overly LOVED!
The last two days I feel that I we will not get another dog at all. But when I am at home and it is so quiet and I miss them greatly that I think I want another dog

Thanks again! and I am so glad to be able to talk about it! And yes people do listen
Old 06-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Registered

Sorry for your loss, one thing that help me get through it when we put our Great Dane down, was my daughter made me a shadowbox with his picture, leash and collar and his favorite bone inside of it to hang on the wall.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, so the Boxer just lost his buddy and now his whole family as well? My Dogs will be with me, together, for as long as we are alive.......... Not just for good times, or when it's conveniant..... Forever.

Some people do not deserve the privelige of Dog ownership..... TBF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.