Notices

Gulf shores Alabama

Old 06-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gulf shores Alabama

i am gonna be in gulf shores for a week in june. The 18th through to 24th. Bring the boat staying at Pheonix on the bay. Any cool places to go and hang out and or party. What do the locals do.

bryan
Old 06-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

In Alabama? The locals marry their sister. Haha
Old 06-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
In Alabama? The locals marry their sister. Haha

Not in Alabama,,, they marry their daughter.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Registered

Just keep being proud Florida went for Obama........
Old 06-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BIGMC69
i am gonna be in gulf shores for a week in june. The 18th through to 24th. Bring the boat staying at Pheonix on the bay. Any cool places to go and hang out and or party. What do the locals do.

bryan
To answer your question yes and I believe Phoenix on the Bay is actually in Orange Beach which in my opinon is a TON better than Gulf Shores. If you are looking for a cool place to go by boat, Pirates Cove is a fun place but wouldn't try to go by car. Other places you could go by boat or car would be any of the Tacky Jack's except Fort Morgan. Fort Morgan is a fun run across Mobile Bay but the service always sucks and the food is mediocre. Flora Bama Yacht Club, Happy Harbor on the Line, Bimini Bob's (this is at The Wharf which is HUGE and has plenty of good places), Sunset Grille and Pleasure Island Tiki Bar. It's not a far run over to Pensacola just be mindful of what the waves are doing in Pensacola Bay as they can get pretty nasty quick.

Ships Harbor Grille is just down the road from you at Sportsman's Marina. Great place to eat dinner. You can go by boat but restaraunt parking is sometimes limited.

If you are looking for a place to launch I would recommend Cotton Bayou. Boggy Point at the end of Marina Road looks like the best location but the currents can get pretty nasty there and they were doing some construction there this past week.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:26 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just there. My first time but I like it way better than Destin. I put into the "trench" and ran to Destin for lunch one day and the other day we ran to the islands before the outlet just before Florida in the "trench". Its a short run to the tiki hut for lunch.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CraneHillFast
To answer your question yes and I believe Phoenix on the Bay is actually in Orange Beach which in my opinon is a TON better than Gulf Shores. If you are looking for a cool place to go by boat, Pirates Cove is a fun place but wouldn't try to go by car. Other places you could go by boat or car would be any of the Tacky Jack's except Fort Morgan. Fort Morgan is a fun run across Mobile Bay but the service always sucks and the food is mediocre. Flora Bama Yacht Club, Happy Harbor on the Line, Bimini Bob's (this is at The Wharf which is HUGE and has plenty of good places), Sunset Grille and Pleasure Island Tiki Bar. It's not a far run over to Pensacola just be mindful of what the waves are doing in Pensacola Bay as they can get pretty nasty quick.

Ships Harbor Grille is just down the road from you at Sportsman's Marina. Great place to eat dinner. You can go by boat but restaraunt parking is sometimes limited.

If you are looking for a place to launch I would recommend Cotton Bayou. Boggy Point at the end of Marina Road looks like the best location but the currents can get pretty nasty there and they were doing some construction there this past week.
+1 an I would make a run to Destin. Spend a few hours on Crab Island. The rest of the post above. Have fun Artie
Old 06-03-2014, 07:32 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
+1 an I would make a run to Destin. Spend a few hours on Crab Island. The rest of the post above. Have fun Artie
Crab island if you like kids and pontoons. IMO

The islands down by AL by the outlet are awesome. No rentals or tourist.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Registered

We actually hung out on a beach just to the west of barbers marina. It was actually really cool and had the place to ourselves. The islands they r taking about are cool too. Crab Island? Is hit or miss. billy bowlegs I think is this weekend. While that isn't on crab island there will be TONS of people there.