Sarasota Offshore Grand Prix Preview

Notices

Sarasota Offshore Grand Prix Preview

Old 06-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,228 Posts
Default Sarasota Offshore Grand Prix Preview

Written for the more-general boating audience of boats.com, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...d-prix-preview.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! I think it'd be hugely helpful for the sport if you could add info on how general boating enthusiast might best participate and what would make it the most fun for folks who like boats but have never been to a race (I'm in that group). Can I motor over to the race, toss out an anchor and watch from my boat while enjoying the company of others doing likewise?
Old 06-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by bikepilot
Nice! I think it'd be hugely helpful for the sport if you could add info on how general boating enthusiast might best participate and what would make it the most fun for folks who like boats but have never been to a race (I'm in that group). Can I motor over to the race, toss out an anchor and watch from my boat while enjoying the company of others doing likewise?
You certainly can as well as at the Clearwater race. Get there well early and marine patrol is there to let you know if you get into the race area when anchoring. Once all SRT many boats will join ya. Sit back, have a cold drink, and enjoy the show.

Always a nice fleet of boats at either race.