Notices

The damn key broke!!

Old 06-21-2014, 06:54 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

As a kid, I charged $20 to start a boat for a person (usually from out of state) apparent by the tantrums from forgetting keys at home. I'd leave them the jumper wires so they could start/stop it all week-end. I'd get 1-5 a summer.

People would be pist I could do that until I pointed out they could now use there boat without having to drive 2-5hrs home and then back,,,just for keys.

I'd do it for sleds and such too....sleds the easiest.

LOL.

Last edited by SB; 06-21-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Go with switches and buttons!

Like said before keys are just a formality. It's not going to add much additional protection.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to fix it... But I doubt I will be able to. I will tear it apart on Monday
Old 06-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
As a kid, I charged $20 to start a boat for a person (usually from out of state) apparent by the tantrums from forgetting keys at home. I'd leave them the jumper wires so they could start/stop it all week-end. I'd get 1-5 a summer.

People would be pist I could do that until I pointed out they could now use there boat without having to drive 2-5hrs home and then back,,,just for keys.

I'd do it for sleds and such too....sleds the easiest.

LOL.
Sleds are a joke! Boats are super easy too. I have wondered why they even bother having a key
Old 06-23-2014, 08:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

We lost key on my single Baja- Hot wired in like 5 min. Then got pulled over by the POPO- told me to shut it off so we could Talk-
Wish I would had a camera phone back then! His expression was- needles to say - Interesting- when I said it was Hotwired lol
Old 06-23-2014, 08:29 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

I learned early on since my dad was one of those famous guys forgetting his keys. He was not mechanical/electrical so he'd drive to go get them

I was only about 8 or 9 when he did it again, but with his sled. We where 2.5hrs away.
This is when I learned by myself how easy it was.

Imagine his suprise when he drove 5hrs round trip to get back to where we where stying and his sled was off the trailer and his 8/9 yr old boy was tooling around on it.

He wanted to kill me and hug me at the same time.

LOL.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:50 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTDTGTS- trailered to lake a long time ago and left key at home, dropped the wires from the switch and did the connect and touch to run boat for the weekend, worried that at night somebody would stop by the dock and wire it and go, didn't sleep too soundly those nights. no bid deal once I got over being pizzed that I left the key on the counter at home.