he just choose when and where he comments
Old 07-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no he choose to comment so he is fair game
Old 07-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty sure that's what everybody on this forum does. What's your point?
Old 07-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Registered

everybody just whines too much..........
Old 07-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I was trying to point out. There will always be guys with more money and faster boats. There's no need to piss and moan when someone spends money to build a better boat even in a spec class. As long as the boat adheres to the rules, those teams should be applauded for advancing the sport, not attacked or penalized with "parity" rules because they are outrunning 10- to 15-year-old technologies and designs.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by E Colby
That's what I was trying to point out. There will always be guys with more money and faster boats. There's no need to piss and moan when someone spends money to build a better boat even in a spec class. As long as the boat adheres to the rules, those teams should be applauded for advancing the sport, not attacked or penalized with "parity" rules because they are outrunning 10- to 15-year-old technologies and designs.
You know from experience what side of the issue I am on, and certainly I get why people do not like parity rules. I especially understand the argument that implementing a parity measure without notice in the rule book is wrong. But if the book allows for parity changes then it is fair game, particularly in a class that is dominated by older technology. If those changes make the racing better for a majority of fans and racers, and helps the organization's bottom line then it is a good decision.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Being that I am coming into the class(will run P class until the new set of rules are released since current rules are based off a motor that is no longer in production, common sense: new rules are coming) with a 2003 boat I agree with parity, but in the opposite direction. Yes a dominant boat is out there, ok they did their homework(by money or skill), so allow parity to the slower boats in order to bring them up to the front. Now if they do not chose to take advantage of the allowances, then they have no right to *itch or moan as they were given every opportunity to catch up. Its real simple. The boat in question has gone through tech enforcement with time and time again they have passed, the very same tech enforcement that the rest of the class has gone through. The racers as a group voted on the original specs of the class with an open ended search as to how to figure out how to enforce a rpm rule, after 2 years they have come up with a fool proof way to monitor the rpm's and starting in Sarasota 4 separate spec classes are being required to acquire the data logger acquisition system and will be teched accordingly... That being said, I could care less about the weight penalty, I would love to see how the OL compares with the data loggers being gone through as far as tech enforcement. It probably wont solve the dominance as the talent in the OL far surpasses most if not every team in the class, however, it might would clear some things up.

Side note: Thank you to any writer that takes the time to cover our sport that is in a lot of trouble and it is due to the the racers, not the organizations.... Thank you for if a mistake is made, owning up to it and not running and hiding behind a screen name like most of the keyboard warriors do on here. I personally realize you are only reporting the answers to the questions asked, and all the racers/poker runners/fishermen/pleasure boaters always tell the truth(wink wink)

For MSGANGWAY: My resume is as follows: Crew Chief for 2 national titles and 2 world kilo records(1 of which still stands); as a team owner/driver/throttleman: 4 national championships & 3 world titles. Please I beg of you to send me 5 bucks cause with your contribution and my resume i might could afford a cup of coffee
Old 07-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

From F100—Side note: Thank you to any writer that takes the time to cover our sport that is in a lot of trouble and it is due to the the racers, not the organizations.... Thank you for if a mistake is made, owning up to it and not running and hiding behind a screen name like most of the keyboard warriors do on here. I personally realize you are only reporting the answers to the questions asked, and all the racers/poker runners/fishermen/pleasure boaters always tell the truth(wink wink)

From, uh, me: You're welcome. Even on bad days, and there aren't many of them, I love my job.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:07 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Here's an idea !

Let all the SV class boats show up and run including the OUTERLIMTS without parity.

Draw straws on who races who's boat.

HAHAHAHA

Wouldn't that be something if the SMB TEAM beat their own boat with someone else's !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Registered

In the end Cubic Dollars will win in most anything. It takes time and money to get the best set up, boat, props etc... I remember when 500 hp in a "Pleasure boat" was Huge power. Now that same horsepower is main stream and some might considers it Mild power by todays standards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.