Good boat experience (repair)

Notices

Good boat experience (repair)

Old 08-22-2002, 11:10 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Good boat experience (repair)

Well guys as some of you read I had a problem with the gel coat last night. The stuff never kicked on part of the boat and I about had a break down. I had no idea if it was localized to that one spot or if it was the whole damn boat. I put away all my sanders and air hoses in compete discouragment and headed home. I immediately looked to OSO for answers. Well Glassdave, Steve1 and Boardgod#2 and a friend (shall remain nameless but THANK YOU!!!!!) all calmed me down and told me the deal. Well this am at 7:00 my painter showed up to paint the bottom and got the message. HE WAS BUMMED to say the leaste. He made NO excuses and appologized and got right into stipping off ANY paint that had not kicked. He checked the entire boat for soft gel and thank god we found no more. It was localized to the bow. Well he stripped off all the gell this am and will be back tomarrow am to spray it. To top that off he will not take any money for me even though we agreed no warratee as I did all the prep and baught all the product. I offered to pay him but he would have none of it. He felt bad that I was now behind on the project because his gun messed up. He did say that due to the quality of my sanding that there were a min. amount of touch ups to do so that will keep me closer to on target then I thought I was. Anyhow Joe Berkman in Gloucester, MA is on the tops of my list to ANYONE in the area for glass work. He DEFINATLY standes behind what he does and most importantly CARES about the finished product!!! I know that we hear so many horror stories last night it was tough to keep it all in check and expect the same deal but I got great service and could not be happier.

Jon
Old 08-22-2002, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Set backs are a pain in the ass but I'm pleased to hear a prompt admission of responsibilty and getting this back on track. Good luck with the rest of the project.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:56 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See, there you go!!! Now kick back on the lawn chair with a Turbo and watch the man do his work!!!

Labor day is gonna rock wiith you on the water pal!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 01:31 PM
Registered

Just plain nice to here something possitive for a change!
Old 08-22-2002, 01:46 PM
Registered

Kick Ass Jon, that's the way it's supposed to work. you'll be one proud 'pappa' with the new and improved freshey Formula. Those faired-over portholes make it look Brand New !!! You gotta give some thought to some kind of graphic , we have some pretty talented people out here on this board, give it a shot ? you never know what cool idea's are out there unless you ask !!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

Glad it all worked out for ya Jon

Robert
Old 08-22-2002, 02:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jon
Glad everything is working out for your project, we deal in a World of Chemical reactions that are Invisible to the eye. The truth is known only after the FACT.
Touch it up, Step across it and do not look back !
Old 08-22-2002, 11:04 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am glad to be back on track. If the rain stops I will for sure be on line to finish up for labor day. If not then I am totally screwed as he is going on a vacation. I am crossing my figures. Figures... It does not rain all summer but now it is pouring!!!! What ever nothing is a suprise any more

Jon
Old 08-22-2002, 11:25 PM
Registered

That's great to hear Jon!