Anyone useing a  lowrance gps >

Anyone useing a lowrance gps

Notices

Anyone useing a lowrance gps

Old 07-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone useing a lowrance gps

I always had Garman gps,s but I don't need all the bells and whistles that they have. I just use the GPS for speed and navigation. I don't use the fish finder or bottom machine end of it. I was looking at a lawrance GPS at 1/2 the price and all it has was nav. and speed.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Registered

I have a gen1 HDS 7 on my fishing boat. It works well, but is kinda slow between screens, but is very accurate with all of the information. When I run a Garmin in demo mode at West Marine they seem faster in terms of taking user inputs, but that's demo mode in a store. A buddy has a humminbird on his fishing boat and it also works faster when changing menus, views etc. Kinda like tow vehicles, everyone seems to like what they have. I like my Lowrance, but just wish it moved and processed inputs a little faster. I have no experience with the gen2 HDS or the touch versions. I think I like the Garmin 740, but still run an older Garmin 210 on the sonic for now, not a color touch screen etc but it works.

I wish I had room for a big screen and reduce some of the gauges to modernize so to speak, but that is another year or two away for now. I love the new Outerlimits dashes with very few gauges and all displays, the super clean and simple look is killer in my book!

In my experience, all of the new GPS units work quite well no matter which you choose and the prices are so much less than just a few years ago if you're not going with a big screen version.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Tom.....
I have a Badaz new horizon at the shop.....remind me next. Tuesday