Old 08-24-2002, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep up the good work at thunder, like the web page. Mark
Old 08-24-2002, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Julie,
It is the Michael Peters Design and is the closed deck.The funny thing is it was made for small blocks.I just blew an engine and I am going to repower.I am running Kaama Surface drives at a 1 to 1 ratio and Twin Disc Trannys at 1.54 to 1.I was not able to get much speed turning 26" pitch props.At 4000 RPM I was only getting about 45mph.I would love to put big blocks in but I do not think they will fit.I am looking at supercharging the small blocks,any suggestions.I love this boat and want to keep it.There is some bottom work that needs to be done.There are some spray rails on the inside of the of the sponsons that are really chewed up and I think that the spray is comming up and hitting the bottom of the hull.There is a rooster tail but it is comming from the transom and not the props,this is probably slowing me down.Anyway in two weeks I will be on the east coast of FLA and would like to come over and see the shop and talk to you in person to figure this out.
Mark 770-920-1444
Old 08-24-2002, 01:21 PM
flylevel

maxthunder:
Well to the board. How long have you been following OSO? We here at OSO wish you the very best on your venture. If you need someone to test drive your boats I can help you out!! LOL Tell us a little about yourself. How long have you been boating etc.etc.

Thanks

Old 08-24-2002, 01:54 PM
catfan

Just wanted say Hi Julie....I bought a 41 King Cat from the previous owners, and while I had a lot of trouble at times getting them to help me, you have been great about everything I have needed. Glad to see that you are letting everyone know that you are seperate from Thunder Power Boats. Once agin, thanks for all you do for me and the other customers....You really show you care. And yes the boat runs great.....120 mph last run.....cant wait to play some more.

Old 08-24-2002, 06:22 PM
jonesj

Smile 32 king fish

Julie glad to hear that you own Thunder Power Boats. I own one of the 32 king-fish they built in 2000. We love it and fish the SKA circuit under the banner Team Warpath. Great boat, but we have a little problem getting the boat to ride dry in a following sea. Other than that it is a wonderful boat. James
P.S. Any secrets to the get boat to run a little faster with twin 250's

Old 08-25-2002, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Website Music

Julie, can the music on the website!

I don't know who picked it, but yuck.
Old 08-25-2002, 06:14 PM
maxthunder

Fishead....
Sorry it took so long, but I am really suprised to hear such slow speeds, even the open fish boat are seeing 70+mph w/outboards. I also had a open deck w/502's in it that did 107 mph. Please email me some pics to me at [email protected]. We will certainly help you any way we can. We are building a 32 SportCat right now that will house 2 BigBlock Chevys. I can send you some pictures. Well, look forward to speaking to you.
Julie

Old 08-25-2002, 06:20 PM
maxthunder

jonesj,
Glad to hear that everythings OK with the boat. How are the tournaments going, I would love to speak to you and maybe use some pictures in the current newsletter. I have been trying to reach everyone that owns a Thunder Power Boat. What speeds are you seeing with the 250's? Are they Mercs? What kind of seas are you running in? Please email me and let me know more about your experience with this boat.
Thanks- Julie

Old 08-25-2002, 06:22 PM
maxthunder

Default WEBSITE MUSIC

OK I got the thumbs down on the music. We are changing the entire site. I will keep everyone posted....Thanks

Old 08-26-2002, 10:36 AM
DanL

Default well?

so, did you or did you not work with Randy?

Quick Reply: Dispelling Rumors of Thunder Power Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.