Do's and Dont's at the Chain of Lakes  in Illinois >

Do's and Dont's at the Chain of Lakes in Illinois

Notices

Do's and Dont's at the Chain of Lakes in Illinois

Old 07-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 208 Posts
Default Do's and Dont's at the Chain of Lakes in Illinois

Hey guys, looking to tow down to the chain this weekend. Any do's or dont's? Was thinking of launching at Blarneys. Any shallow areas or lakes/bays to stay away from? Is there any swimming/ beach spots?
Old 07-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Port of Blarney has a nice launch! Petite Lake sand bar is good swimming and party area. So is Columbia bay on Fox Lake. The chain o lakes has some shallow places so watch your drive taking off. We will be rafting up on Petite lake Saturday we are always in the front line. Just a heads up Finders are important rafting up. If you have any questions p.m me.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:03 AM
Registered

Also some good info is on www.funonthefox.com
Old 07-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We will be out also Blue/white 34 Scarab III If ya need anything just call or text 6084494992 Jason
Old 07-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 4,255 Likes on 1,226 Posts

Good luck! I went once..once
Old 07-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Hey guys, looking to tow down to the chain this weekend. Any do's or dont's? Was thinking of launching at Blarneys. Any shallow areas or lakes/bays to stay away from? Is there any swimming/ beach spots?
lots of do's and donts..if your a moron you will get stuck in mud..if your smart and stay between the boueys you will be alrite..what boat are you bringing? make sure you have a old set of props just in case..i for one have a labbed ss prop thats been on my donzi for 10 yrs and is still in good condition..yes the port has a good launch ramp,so does ben watts marina..dont forget the chain pass,,its 17.50 for a day and like 25 for a week or depending on weather you want to come back you can just buy the sticker..i think for 21 aND UNDER ITS 50 BUCKS.. you want to watch out for the rocks on the south side of blarneys island and also any where in grass lake,just follow the boueys to the island then trim up around the island..also in pistake lake you want to be careful in both no wakes around the center island around jackies landing and rt 12 ,,als the same goes for beer can bridge and 12 to dockers restaurant is shallow..if you want to tie up with all the party people during the day then you want to go to lake petite,their is also fameous freddies and captains quaters which are happening places on the lakes..try and get their early and be docked by noon..its usually crazy between the channels around 11 to 4..i have never had any problems their but then again if you dont know where your going then it could screw up your day..just stay in the channels and you will be fine..
Old 07-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i"ll keep it short... Don't: be a p*ssy, Do: represent... got it now?
Old 07-17-2014, 07:27 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Best don't is don't go .... !
Old 07-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Registered

Don't go, its nothing more than a mud puddle.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered

Do as in DO NOT GO!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.