Notices

Need some Input!

Old 07-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some Input!

I posted this in the baja section but that section has been pretty dead in terms of discussion. Maybe someone can help me out here.

I am in the market for a new boat. I found a nice baja on ebay but I need some help from you guys.

What would a reasonable price be to offer this guy to complete the sale? He told me he finally found another boat and needs to get rid of this one.

Is this boat a slug with the 320hp motor?

Is there anything I need to watch out for in these 23 outlaws?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Baja-23...wer_Motorboats

Last edited by wakeboarrder; 07-19-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the listing is gone, but yeah it would be a pig... that is a lot of boat for 320 hp, baja is not know for their build quality but for inexpensive pricing... keep looking. i would look for an old cig/pantera/ or any quality boat that is a splash of this hull 24x7
Old 07-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Registered

i think those boats run low 60s with the 6.2.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by beaver 3
i think those boats run low 60s with the 6.2.
an 18 foot donzi will run mid 60s with 300 hp! that thing cant be running mid 60s @ 23ft
Old 07-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Registered

is it possible to find a boat in the 25 foot range thats 02 and newer in the 30k range?

if i buy a boat with something like 350 hours, can i expect to have to rebuild the motor in a few years?
Old 07-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Registered

Couldn't tell you the speed that you can expect from that boat with that motor. Maybe get in touch with XT Innovation and ask. They were the original builders of those boats. While the build quality may not rival the level of some of the "custom" boats, its not anything that should rule out looking at the boat. The Baja's made during the last few years before being acquired by Fountain were made pretty well. The hardware on the boat is no different than other boats priced much higher. Also, when looking at a used boat of any make, take the condition of the boat into consideration. If the boat really is in mint or excellent shape, the mechanicals are most likely taken care of too.