Notices

Thoughts on this oil??

Old 07-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thoughts on this oil??

Was thinking about running Supreme 7000™ Synthetic Plus Racing Oil #705 SAE 20W-50 Schaeffer's in my 454's gen 5 anybody using this stuff??
Old 07-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Myrick at Nauti Marine swears by Schaeffers. I know it has a following in the diesel world.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Registered

Im running it in my blower motors. Its green like gear lube and after 25 or so hours its still green!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:57 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

A lot of guys who run dirt cars in the mid west & florida use to swear by it. A side note for whatever its worth, the guy who started the biggest oil website in the world, bobistheoilguy was a big dealer for them and swore by Schaeffers. Oxidation and a oil staying in its grade play big factor how well it will hold up especially over time plus offer lower wear levels of internal engine parts..

You can always take samples and send them off to have the oil analyzed to see how well the oil additives & anti wear additives have or have not depleted, wear levels of internal engine parts in your oil sample and oxidation levels among other data about your oil.

Also outside factors play a role in oil as how well it provides protection and longevity. Dirt thru an intake source, extreme heat, condensation, water, fuel dilution, rich or lean conditions and so on can hurt any motor & motor oil in a short timeframe. If you can combat these factors as well your motor oil no matter what brand will hold up better and provide better longevity plus better wear protection.. .

Last edited by BUP; 07-25-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I myself am a huge fan of schaeffer oil, run it in everything, always have samples tested at changes and it performs well. I wanted to run in in my boat also so I called Scheaffer techs and spoke with them. They said they do not recommend running it in a marine engine due to the lack of anti-corrosion inhibitors and may have problems with foaming. I didn't want to believe it because I use literally all there products, oil, grease, gear lube etc... Give them a call, maybe you'll get a different answer, they are very friendly to talk with and answer questions. Let us know what you hear.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was running with the Outlaws, it is the only thing my Engine build would let me put in. But for a comparison, that would not be the same unless you are running Alcohol as these types of oil are different. Kendal makes a great one for that and running Nitro, but I would not use it on a gas motor.
So, make sure you take in to thought as to what the application is.

I am a Valvoline man all the way, but that is just me and my multiple trucks with over 300k on them for daily driving.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Registered

Just got off the phone with Schaeffers they said the 20-50 would be perfectly fine to run in my 454's since were a dealer I'm gonna give it a go!!!