Wasn't boatless for long.....

Old 07-26-2014, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Awash
Wow thats not just a little bad luck!!

Nice boat congrats on the new rig.
Thanks!
It was an ordeal. Spent the greater part of a day at a credit union trying to get MY money out of my account, and now I think I'm going to start burying money like people did during the Great Depression.

I only had to start losing air in one tire and break a couple studs before I knew it had to get to a shop to make it back North.
I wasn't about to be changing tires and hubs at 2am on the freeway, so it went to the trailer shop, and I went to a hotel room. The springs looked good enough to get by. They weren't. Luckily, I got a hold of a decent shop. Willy at Bad 2D Bone trailers in Pompano had it squared away in a matter of a few hours with virtually no advanced notice. Without those guys, I'd probably still be turning wrenches and sweating to death on the side of a freeway somewhere.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best of luck.......... looks good......... when cane we all go for a ride
Old 07-26-2014, 07:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by trannyjoe
best of luck.......... looks good......... when cane we all go for a ride
You're gonna have to come west for a boat ride, it won't leave the Great Lakes for the rest of the season.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well as a few have told me here in OSO, a center console is NOT an Offshore performance boat. So you along with me and others making the switch to a CC will have to stop posting here.... Good looking boat. Enjoy it, I know I have completely enjoyed the switch myself.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
Well as a few have told me here in OSO, a center console is NOT an Offshore performance boat. So you along with me and others making the switch to a CC will have to stop posting here.... Good looking boat. Enjoy it, I know I have completely enjoyed the switch myself.
LOL, I was waiting for you to chime in! We're gonna have to start a CC gang to represent! Once I make sure everything is the way I want it, we'll have to run to PIB. And speaking of things being the way I want them, notice my cowl is without decals, and the radar arch is not candy blue powdercoat.....
Old 07-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
LOL, I was waiting for you to chime in! We're gonna have to start a CC gang to represent! Once I make sure everything is the way I want it, we'll have to run to PIB. And speaking of things being the way I want them, notice my cowl is without decals, and the radar arch is not candy blue powdercoat.....
Well i just blew a lower coming back from PIB Tuesday evening... 6hr tow, extreme thunderstorm, still had a great time. New lower will be in on Wednesday. I have the fonts for the merc logos. Just did a 15 hp for a buddies dingy. Did it in silver with blue shadow. Jeff's Powder Coating in Monore is who did all my powder.

Last edited by low_psi; 07-26-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Registered

Any idea on what caused the lower failure, or was it just its time?
I'm still debating on the boot stripe colors, but I think I'm going blue with the hi-vis orange. Thanks for the heads up on the shop in Monroe, that's about the closest I'm gonna find, and I like what they did on your Concept.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
Any idea on what caused the lower failure, or was it just its time?
I'm still debating on the boot stripe colors, but I think I'm going blue with the hi-vis orange. Thanks for the heads up on the shop in Monroe, that's about the closest I'm gonna find, and I like what they did on your Concept.
Didn't hit anything. Motors only have 300hrs on them so, going to assume sometime before I owned them that motor hit something, or maybe just premature failure. Who knows. Just sucks it happened 10 miles out from PIB (about 30 miles from home)....

If you decide to go with basic straight stripes like I did, you can do that by buying the vinyl and cutting your own. I did mine by hand. If you are going to do anything other than straight stripes I won't be much help. Right now my capabilities are small things like reg number, transom names, etc.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
Well as a few have told me here in OSO, a center console is NOT an Offshore performance boat. .
I changed plugs, topped off oil, and changed lower unit lube last night in 20 minutes, while standing most of the time. I sure am going to miss owning an offshore performance boat! LOL
Old 07-29-2014, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by speedracer29
i changed plugs, topped off oil, and changed lower unit lube last night in 20 minutes, while standing most of the time. I sure am going to miss owning an offshore performance boat! Lol
exactly!!! You basically just went through the winterization process too..... No need to run antifreeze, just let them drain... I know its a no-no to fog the Optimax, not sure if its the same for the EFI motors....

Last edited by low_psi; 07-29-2014 at 07:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.