Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New guy from Michigan with Baja Outlaw 24 >

New guy from Michigan with Baja Outlaw 24

Notices

New guy from Michigan with Baja Outlaw 24

Old 08-02-2014, 02:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to OSO. Such low hours and the condition to match, I'd call that a find....... a very pretty boat. The 24ft boat is a good size boat to own, you can do most things with it, from stopping over night to skiing and comes with a toilet for the ladies.

Enjoy.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:47 AM
Registered

Ran a 95/24 Outlaw with a 454 mag EFI for 6 yrs, was a great boat! Always thought about cutting dash to make it easier to get into cuddy. Like everyone else said it feels like a bigger boat. Enjoy
Old 08-02-2014, 06:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welcome!
That's a sweet looking boat.
If you get a chance to head north you will find many OSO boaters hanging out enjoying the beautiful waters, look us up.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quick2500
Great looking boat! Everyone talks about keeping it stock.....until you run into that one guy with that one boat that keeps walking on you. BTW, what app were you using, mine doesn't save top speed.
Sorry I missed this, the app I use is called "Speedometer - Free - Speed Limit Alert" by Stanislav Dvoychenko. It's free and it seems to work very well.

Originally Posted by Mr Maine
I remember that boat in the powerboat magazine under one of the dealer classifieds, 2006ish. 98, same graphics, same trailer. Said it was supercharged I think. Must be the same boat unless that is a real common graphic package.
I kind of hope that's not the case, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that but like anything else with boats it's hard to know the history. I do know that there were several 1998 Outlaw 24's with the exact same color scheme as mine.

Originally Posted by Smoking Joe
Welcome to OSO. Such low hours and the condition to match, I'd call that a find....... a very pretty boat. The 24ft boat is a good size boat to own, you can do most things with it, from stopping over night to skiing and comes with a toilet for the ladies.

Enjoy.
Originally Posted by 24OL4NOW
Ran a 95/24 Outlaw with a 454 mag EFI for 6 yrs, was a great boat! Always thought about cutting dash to make it easier to get into cuddy. Like everyone else said it feels like a bigger boat. Enjoy
Originally Posted by JWoolever
Welcome!
That's a sweet looking boat.
If you get a chance to head north you will find many OSO boaters hanging out enjoying the beautiful waters, look us up.
Thanks for the kind words guys. I looked at several before buying this one. I purchased it on eBay from Boat RV Exchange in columbus, they're pretty much just a wholesale to the public kind of place that doesn't "spiff" anything up before listing it. I had a friend nearby look at it for me prior to bidding and they seemed to think the condition reflected the extremely low hours. Overall my experience with them was very pleasant, I was on edge going there because I had literally just made a 10 hour round-trip to Columbus the weekend prior to buy a private party boat on craigslist that was "perfect" and really disappointed me (seller lied about seat damage, hull spider cracks everywhere, slow top speed and even slower to plane etc). This one was a few thousand over my initial budget ($17k) but I justified it because of the hours/condition and having graphics/interior color that wasn't as dated looking as most 24 Outlaws. I figured that if I wanted to have an interior redone and get a boat wrapped to get away from the 90's pink/purple/yellow that I'd end up spending more in the end anyway. I think I may have preferred a 25 Outlaw, but most of the nicer ones were even further out of budget, and from what I read the hull isn't really any better (I do really like the bigger cuddy door though!). I fell in love with the look of the Outlaws since the first time I saw one, I really liked that the style/lines look like a bigger offshore boat but I can still easily trailer it.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Registered

I took the boat out yesterday for my first long trip. I met some friends with boats and launched in Saginaw on the Saginaw River. We went up the river through Bay City and into the bay, played around for a bit and took the Kawkawlin River to a bar/restaurant called Castaways. Had some food and went back into the Bay for a hour or two and did some swimming and then came back down the Saginaw River to the boat launch. The boat ran excellent all day and we had a blast. I did find out that my fuel gauge doesn't work though, the gauge read close to empty so I tried to put 50 gallons in it but it would only take 26 before coming out of the vent hole. From what I can find the boat should have 95 gallon tank so I guess I had a free 70 gallons which is nice, but my gauge still reads just above empty. Does anyone know the best way to fix this? I haven't looked into it yet but I know there's an access panel in the floor for the sending unit so I think I'll get the multimeter out and check to make sure there's good continuity going to the gauge before anything.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Registered

I took it out Sunday on the Saginaw River and into the bay with 4 of my friends, it was pretty damn cold but they really wanted to go and I was wanting to try out my new prop anyway. I went from a 23 pitch Mirage plus to a 22 pitch Bravo 1 4 blade. I lost about 5 MPH in top speed, I was running 58-59MPH on GPS at about 4900 RPM vs the 63-64MPH @4950-5000RPM I had with the 3 blade. The boat definitely gets on plane quicker which is nice, but I am slightly disappointed with losing that much top end speed. It also seemed to not respond to trim inputs like it did before, with the 3 blade Mirage Plus the boat seemed "lighter" on the water and ran best about 1/3 up on the trim gauge. But with the Bravo 4 blade it started to cavitate above 1/4 on the trim gauge and lose speed, is this normal for this type of prop? I'd like to get one of the two props lab finished over the winter but I find it all pretty confusing.

Here's the boat parked at the Hooter's in Bay City, I think I like looking at it almost as much as I do driving it.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Registered

I just recently bought a 93 24' outlaw with a 502 efi with Gil exhaust in it. It had a bravo 1 prop on it and I hated it. We put the standard mirage 3 blade on it and I got a best of 64 mph at 4800. Sending it to get labbed over the winter.

I do not have any experience with performance boats but Mikey (OSO member) does. We agreed the bravo 1 did not work well on the boat. It would porpoise a lot and hated trim. The mirage is a huge improvement IMO.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Registered

Seen your thread a few times, sorry I never said Howdy and Welcome Aboard
IMO that's the best "bang for the buck" boat ever built.
Welome and Congrats! !!!
Switch back to the 3 blade and have fun, more often then not you'll get your best top speeds from a 3

See ya,
Kelly
Old 09-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Registered

Thanks for the input guys. I think I got a really good deal on the Bravo 1 ($200 freshly refinished) so I guess I'll hold onto it for the times I plan on having a full boat of people wanting to go tubing or something. I'll get the the 3 blade cleaned up or maybe have BBlades work some magic on it over the winter.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:51 PM
Registered

You guys launch out of Rust ave or Zilwulkee? Shoot me a PM next time you go. 18' Donzi I'll come for a cruise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.