Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where is everyone staying for the races in Grand Haven? >

Where is everyone staying for the races in Grand Haven?

Notices

Where is everyone staying for the races in Grand Haven?

Old 08-30-2002, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waterfoul,

Sounds like a good plan to me. I will probably show around 10:00. See you Sunday.

Roger
Old 08-30-2002, 12:45 AM
Intolerant1

I may swing by Satiurday and say Hi. We are heading home Saturday night. Running hard in my boat isnt much but the cooler will be full. I have 1000 watts on tap and wish I had half the hp !

Old 08-30-2002, 06:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Quiet Storm,

Intolerant1,

Thanks for the offer guys!!

The only problem is.,,, I don't know how many passengers you guys have.

Its me, my girlfriend, and 4 year old daughter. If this WON't be a problem let me know. If it is, I totally understand.

I'd love to get on the water!!

Thanks!!!

Here's my number if you have room for us!!

713-582-5059

Last edited by 29scarab; 08-30-2002 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-30-2002, 06:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by candyman35
Will I need two anchors?

Dan
LOL!
Old 08-30-2002, 08:50 AM
Registered

With my anchoring skills I may need 2 anchors in open water.
Dan
Old 08-30-2002, 02:31 PM
Registered

Hey Waterfoul, i'll be leaving from muskegon on sunday morn too. probably around 9:30, maybe we could hook up at the state park beach and ride to GH , or see ya there. Buck, red and white aero v that is really loud.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:39 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Candyman, you will not be allowed to anchor between the beach and the race course (which is a bummer believe me). So we will have to be outside the course on the West side of the back straight I guess. I'm not quite sure of the course, but it would be nice to be on a turn somewhere on the north end of the course. I guess we can figure that out on Sunday. As for the beach in the river at 10:00, you can simply pull your bow up on the soft sand and hang out. No anchor reauired there.

Aero, I am extremely broke this weekend after my LOTO adventures!!! So I may have to put in at Grand Haven (unless Cord want's to donate some go fast cash!!! LOL!!!). If I can find some mystery cash somewhere I'll be dropping in at Muskegon. I'll look for you at 9:30 by the state park if I do. If not I'll see everyone on the beach in the river at 10:00 or so.

Mike
Old 08-30-2002, 06:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

If the weather and water are good, Tracy and I will be crossing early Sunday morning so we can be over there before the races start. Where will everybody be sitting to watch the races? We'll be looking for you all.

Todd
Old 08-30-2002, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm heading over late Sat night and am planning on launching in GH about 9:00 Sun and head for the beach in the river I guess
Old 08-30-2002, 08:58 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

I took the afternoon off today and checked out the scene in GH. Very little in the way of race activities today. Kinda surprised there weren't any race boats around. I did see the course layout. Man, does it run close to shore!!! It looks like the swim area markers along the beach are the race course markers, too! About a hundred yards farther out the orange buoys mark the inside of the course. Apparently, the course runs along the south shore for about 2 miles, takes a west turn away from shore about a half mile and then heads back to the start near shore again. Kinda triangular in shape. It should be some awesome racing!!! Anywhere along the course should be a good area to see some close racing. The water depth is about 30 to 35 feet in the viewing area so if you plan on anchoring you will need about 200 feet of line to get your hook to bite.

I did a lap around most of the course at cruising speed. I can only imagine what it must be like to do that at speed with waves and wakes thrown in for excitement. Wow! I can't wait to see the races. It's gonna be good.

Quick Reply: Where is everyone staying for the races in Grand Haven?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.