Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Considering a new statement marine 38 cuddy! >

Considering a new statement marine 38 cuddy!

Notices

Considering a new statement marine 38 cuddy!

Old 08-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering a new statement marine 38 cuddy!

So I am in florida considering building a new 38cc statement marine cuddy with triples. Have been checking their boats out for a few years. Looking to have one built and ready for the key west poker run after lauderdale show! Yes, I realize cuddles are not easy to sell nor very popular. Every statement owner (4) I have contacted for a reference has been stellar about what they say about statement. Not sure what to do! Any suggestions on do's and dont's? I am looking to leave boat in fort Myers area nov.-March then move it north.

For the price no one can come close to fit and finish. Just not sure how easy a 38' cc will be to tow a few times for poker runs. We want a boat to be able to sleep on for a weekend and a week as we hop along the florida's southern west coast.

I am looking for suggestions to other manufactures, places to store for winter, insurance, and clubs to join for poker runs in the winter for fun in the sun.

Last edited by NORTECH-ANGLER; 08-03-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not a CC person, but I do see the trend. While I have no issues with ANY other builder, the actual boat choice will come down to personal preference. That being said, I know the "statement boys" (as I call them) personally, (and also bunch of other builders) and from personal experience, (and I don't own a Statement) they are very open minded to input, personal requests, and will bend over backwards to provide a personal service and what YOU want. I been talking with them from the time hull No. 1 came out, and they actually incorporated some ideas I "suggested" on their design. I find the Statement boys and their product A+. As far as towing to PR's.. boaters tow their HUGE rigs across country. Don't worry, you want to go somewhere, you find a way.
(NT would be my second choice.)
I suggest you conceder I/O powered CC.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTECH-ANGLER
I am looking to leave boat in fort Myers area nov.-March then move it north.
Did you suddenly become 70yrs old?
Old 08-04-2014, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Been in the 38 many of times. One of the best riding boats I have ever been on.

I too am a big fan of the cuddy and I think you will enjoy the space when you have it.

Call up Nick and Todd and tell them your needs/wants. They are easy people to work with and have very down to earth personalities.

Hope to see one of your boats in the shop soon. Also ask them about storage down there iirc they have a place or area for you. Also they are very easy to tow, no worries there. We took one to the TX run and back without issue and seen many more pulled right ease behind any HD style truck.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 08-04-2014 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Registered

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was hoping for more information by now. I find that nick and Craig have been great to deal with. Cash bar. Yes I am 44 and feel like 70 at times. I have beat myself to death on this next decision. And it has not been easy. I wanted a very nice boat fit and finish. I love my NORTECH but couldn't sleep on it. I don't want all the maintenance of a GOFAST. I want something I can get in and do what I want without having problems. I also wanted something fairly new. Which there is not much on the market 1-3 years old reasonable. I have 4 teenagers and don't plan to do much with them on the boat. But, may be limited to using it at times. We really want to sightsee this winter in florida.

A GOFAST boat has very little user friendly options. A cc has so many more upsides than a GOFAST. Just my opinion. I sure hope this satisfies my needs.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:58 AM
Registered

I think you are looking at the right boat personally. Especially when you list your needs.

Are you near a place that has a statement near you can ride on? That would be the most ideal way to assure it's what you want and if it fits your needs.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

A friend of mine has a 38 cuddy on order, should be delivered soon. They are awesome boats!! LOTO is close and PBC(Performance Boat Center) is a dealer for them. I'm sure they would take your nortech in on trade!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Registered

what about the new Powerplay 35? looks like a beautiful boat
Old 08-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete280
what about the new Powerplay 35? looks like a beautiful boat

While I too like the PP.

It's shorter and more narrow than a statement and also he said he wants a high quality fit, finish, and materials. While the PP is great and betting very strong. I don't think of them when looking at a more refined/luxury CC. He already has a Nor-tech who is to me also one of the best in the biz when it comes to that.