Slip on Internal Flappers? >

Slip on Internal Flappers?

Notices

Slip on Internal Flappers?

Old 08-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slip on Internal Flappers?

So I blew out one of my internal flappers on my angle cut emi's after 3 months, big surprise... Does anybody have any experience with the slip on flappers for easy on/off replacement? They seem like they would do the trick and easy replacement even if the boat is on the lift.

http://www.hardin-marine.com/p-22464...ess-steel.aspx

Any comments would be helpful.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess you are talking about the slip in flappers that are mounted in a cage type set-up. I have been using mine for 3 or 4 years with no problems. I bought them from Dana marine I believe. Jeff wurl
Old 08-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwurl
I guess you are talking about the slip in flappers that are mounted in a cage type set-up. I have been using mine for 3 or 4 years with no problems. I bought them from Dana marine I believe. Jeff wurl
I saw the ones from Dana marine and I did order a set from them... BUT they did not tell me that they would be shut down for 3-4 weeks after I put the order in because they are moving to another building. Kinda annoyed by that... So I am getting a refund and looking at the ones at the link above. Kinda need something by the weekend and Hardin and CP say I can get what they have by the weekend. But its a different style then the Dana's.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with Dana marine... ordered panels from them 5 weeks ago and nothing. Canceled my order. Just FYI.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a set of the slip in kind from Dana for sale, new.
Attached Thumbnails Slip on Internal Flappers?-20140710_110911.jpg  
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 08-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I waited for close to 3 months to get the internal flapper carriages from Dana Marine. It was the most frustrating experience I've ever encountered. Dana has recently been acquired by a former employee that has pledged to clean up the customer service there, but he's got a lot of work ahead of him and I'm not sure I would count on them for anything that you need quickly while they're in the transition period. I purchased 6 of those flapper carriages to replace the ones that were already on my boat. I installed them in May. They're easy to install, but on half of them, the rubber has already come off the flapper. The Hardin Marine product looks interesting and easy to install, but I know nothing about it. I will be looking at those when I inevitably have to replace the Dana flappers...