Market Analysis Game.......500K to spend >

Market Analysis Game.......500K to spend

Notices

Market Analysis Game.......500K to spend

Old 08-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Cracked headers (aka 525 CMIs), short warranty compared to OB's and nobody wants to work on I/O stuff given the choice!
I'd like to add Bravo seawater pumps and spark plug changes to that list, please.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 261 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
We tried to convince that guy to build it with a U-shaped lounge in the back, and we could have put a "sunken living room" feel to it since there is no floor needed where the BBCs would have been.

However, he wanted the "bilge" for storage.

I've had as many as 11 people on an AT during a Poker Run before. It's comfortable with 6 with 3 bolsters across the front, 7 without. Like Pat said, you are secure IN the boat, not on it; even if you don't have a 'designated seat'.

I would enjoy something with the sinking wrap around like you said. That is something that changes things and for the better to someone like me.

Also did you have 11 on board a I/O boat or a O/B boat?

If you had 11 on a I/O boat and you were comfortable, then more power to you buddy.

I have to believe my current Sonic has close or near the same room as and equal sized AT. I have had 8 on board and buy the end of the day wished I never took the boat out. It was elbows on assh*less tight and cramped .
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

There are many more options today. 502s and 520s work for me. No header issues.
Cracked headers (aka 525 CMIs), short warranty compared to OB's and nobody wants to work on I/O stuff given the choice!
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 527 Posts

There are a couple of options for 6 year warranties on 525/565s when new. Not sure about 700s.

And I can change the impeller on a BBC a lot faster than than I can on any of the outboards I've owned.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-14-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:30 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I would enjoy something with the sinking wrap around like you said. That is something that changes things and for the better to someone like me.

Also did you have 11 on board a I/O boat or a O/B boat?

If you had 11 on a I/O boat and you were comfortable, then more power to you buddy.

I have to believe my current Sonic has close or near the same room as and equal sized AT. I have had 8 on board and buy the end of the day wished I never took the boat out. It was elbows on assh*less tight and cramped .
I never said we were comfortable with 11. It was Clark's 37AT, normal configuration; while at Destin one year. We took the owner of Helen Back pizza with a few of his 'talented staff' with us; so being tight wasn't a burden.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
And I have to say, since the subject is up, other than changing oil I don't see what all the maintenance issues are. As far as fuel, we cruised back from Freeport averaging a little over 3 mpg at 45-50. For a 37 CC cruise 45-50 it's going to need 3 eggbeaters and I guarantee the fuel isn't any better or worse. But then, again, if the cost of fuel really is an issue then boating really isn't your sport.
Oil, gear oil, impellers, fuel issues, all of it. It is WAY easier to work on an OB is it not? The gas is not an issue, call it a bonus spot.

I don't need your numbers of what you get in your boat, last I checked I own one as well with twins. I have a pretty good idea of what I spend and it's cost.

Let me clear this up for you guys........the game was one boat only to live with right? Well my answer stays the same.

We are all not super rich, we can't have one of everything. In a perfect world I would keep my Sonic and get a Scarab 302 sport.......but the world isn't perfect.

So when I say I am done with my boat, it cause I only plan on keeping around 1 boat. So why make it tough on me at all times to go boating with my friends?

I am also downsizing too. Again for the reason of convince, not cause it is a better ride or something.

I find it funny how hard you bash others ideas of their joy cause they don't fit yours. Its pretty sad actually.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:35 AM
Registered

I never said we were comfortable with 11. It was Clark's 37AT, normal configuration; while at Destin one year. We took the owner of Helen Back pizza with a few of his 'talented staff' with us; so being tight wasn't a burden.

Lol......your better than me. I could not begin to imagine 11 after having only 8 on once. That is super tight for sure.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Registered

There are a couple of options for 6 year warranties on 525/565s when new. Not sure about 700s.

And I can change the impeller on a BBC a lot faster than than I can on any of the outboards I've owned.
My impeller took over half a day to change, it was far from convient at all lol.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Whatever happened with the 33OB boat you guys built, any other OB's after that?
Old 08-14-2014, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Nate, 33 with a pair of Merc 300s, 4 electric bolsters (2 rows) and a lounge across the back. Go fast (70 WOT) quietly and in style WITHOUT the wind and cold in questionable weather. Of yeah, and a fully usable cabin.
Attached Thumbnails Market Analysis Game.......500K to spend-dsc_0118.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.