Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
STOLEN DONZI 27 from WINNIPESAUKEE  08-14-2014 trailered away!!!! >

STOLEN DONZI 27 from WINNIPESAUKEE 08-14-2014 trailered away!!!!

Notices

STOLEN DONZI 27 from WINNIPESAUKEE 08-14-2014 trailered away!!!!

Old 08-15-2014, 10:49 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Don't forget the State Hospital (in Laconia) that was closed and put many on the streets. Many still hang out around the old building. There is a Welfare Office too, which obviously attracts a certain crowd....the shorter the walk or drive..the better for a lot of those types.

Meth is very popular around here, unfortunately not all the 'cooking labs' (although most) are from Laconia. There have been some in Meredith, Center Harbor, and Moultonboro, to name a few.

Edit in: Any how, we got off track. Chances are with the truck shown pulling this boat and the type of boat itself, it was not taken by a LA street thug. But I guess you never know. A lot of people still hurt bad by the schit economy of the past handful of years.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eyes peeled. I am in moultonborough as well ( unfortunate that it takes a thread like this to figure out where everyone lives)
Old 08-16-2014, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mario L.
Friends,

keep your eyes open, a Donzi 27 built in 2007 was stolen last night from Lakeport Landing on Winnipesaukee, black hull, white bottom on a trailer.

If you see this being trailered, call police right away . there's certainly very few black with white bottom 27' Donzi's in the northeast

http://www.wmur.com/news/boat-stolen...504132#!bDTEVh

Mario L..
. I will spread the word this way , even though I'm a long way away you never know where it will show up . Hope the next post is about them scumbags getting caught !
Old 10-22-2015, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Boat has been found in Salem, stripped of course:

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs...plate=printart

SALEM — Police recovered a boat that was stolen from a Laconia marina more than a year ago, and the boat’s owner is jubilant, even though the boat had been stripped of expensive equipment.

“I never thought in my wildest dreams that I’d ever see that boat again,” said David Elkins of Stow, Mass., the owner of a 2007 Donzi boat and trailer that was stolen from the Lakeport Landing Marina on Aug. 7, 2014.

Salem police confirmed that the boat was found last week in an area off of Pelham Road and returned to Elkins. Laconia police had investigated its theft, which occurred at the Gold Street marina just before 11 p.m. At that time, surveillance video recorded a white, newer model Toyota Tundra pickup with no front plate, and two men inside, towing the boat out of the Gold Street marina.

Elkins said the video recording was taken from cameras from a nearby restaurant.

The boat had a 425-horsepower engine, and a black canvas tarp covering it at the time it was taken.

Elkins initially offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to its recovery and it being in one piece.

Elkins said the boat is worth about $70,000 and is hard to find in area lakes and boat marketplaces. “There are only two like it existing in New England,” he said.

He was glad to see that it was recovered, mostly intact. “Stolen boats are part of our world now, but usually they end up being sold in another country,” he said.

The boat had been stripped of about $15,000 worth of equipment, including expensive seats, upholstery, gauges, and other equipment. Oddly, the boat’s motor, which is worth about $10,000, he said, was not taken.
“The things that were stolen could be used in a lot of boats,” he said. “They probably sold it all. But they didn’t take the motor, which is the most valuable part on the boat. To be honest, I always thought they’d sell the whole boat.”

Elkins said he bought the speed boat about five years ago in Maryland. He has a vacation home in Thornton and comes to New Hampshire for skiing in the winter and boating on Lake Winnipesaukee in the summer. He is a member of the Winnipesaukee Donzi club, he said.

He was sad to see the boat stripped, but said he will restore what was stolen from it. He hopes that news coverage of the stolen parts will help police find the thieves.

“I was just glad to hear of the miraculous appearance of my boat,” he said. “You have to understand, this is our toy — it’s like having a family member removed.”
Old 10-22-2015, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ugh, you can't even get anybody to steal a 496.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by donzi matt
Ugh, you can't even get anybody to steal a 496.
Crackheads can't lift heavy things!