Notices

Some bad news....

Old 08-26-2002, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Some bad news....

Went to the shootout this weekend. Have been working on whipple installation for some time. Boat running extremely rich, but figured it was a fuel pressure issue. Installed new regulator, pressure now at 40 lbs Fire it up, runs decent but not great, alarm going off. Oil pressure, drive oil, water temp, oil level, everything OK, but still running rich. Merc computer says no signal from knock sensor. Although timing and power would suffer, still no clue as to fuel problem. I decide to not risk running the boat so we drive to shooters Had a great day. Call Dustin, says to unhook whipple computer to see if it cleans up (firing aux. injectors all the time)
Doesn't make a diff.
We have to leave early, so the guys at Lakeshore go to pick up the boat that is still sitting on the dock.
They get there, starts really hard, won't hardly turn over.
Fires up. Oil pressure ok, oil level ok, runs rough, but seems ok.
Boat dies after reaching their dock (less than 4 miles), oil all over bilge, won't crank, very bad things have gone wrong with motor.
they are pulling the motor now to see what is up. I have been fighting this fuel issue for quite some time now, and so we'll see what happens next.
I hope everyone elses weekend was good.

Oh yeah: Consintracy and Todd: Saw you guys leaving shooters dock saturday afternoon, didn't have time to catch you. The boat looked good! Hope you guys had fun, maybe catch up w/you next time.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:39 PM
Uncle Toys

SO - Bummer, sorry to hear. What kind of engine and what is the Whipple application?

Old 08-26-2002, 03:35 PM
283CHECK

SO
Sorry to hear about your problems..but you have your boat is some good hands. Jason and Joel will do you good(they did us). I spoke with Jason prior to the shoot out and alittle during the day down there. We had a good weekend and enjoyed the shootout Sat. and Sunday.

Chris

Old 08-27-2002, 09:22 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

I saw your boat at Lake Shores Monday morning there is oil every where.