Notices

37 AT or 388 Hustler...?

Old 08-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJIndy280
If you wanted a bigger cabin yet, you could find a 37 Stiletto...
Dont know a lot of about the hulls and such, but the cabin in the 37 Stiletto is quite nice. The one I looked at was setup with AC, the port side entrance rather than center, and all the trimmings.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
What would measuring the bath tub ring get you? I don't get what that has to do when the boat is on plane, seems like that has more to do with the way it sits in the water?

Unless it's a full displacement hull
The reason why I brought that up was because the Hustler was described as 38' & 8" of boat; when it's not exactly that.

We tend to use the entirety of any hull when it gets rough, (when it counts) by trimming down and keeping the boat in the water (when it comes to a V-bottom). The 2.5 feet handing off the front as a beak or pulpit, or 2-4 feet hanging off the back as a swim platform or bussel does nothing to increase the wetted surface of the hull and/or improve the ride. (There are a lot more factors than length, but it's the majority player.)

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-21-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smckie
2 friends 1 with an AT and 1 with 388. Have spent equal time on both. I got no skin in the game but the AT is heads and shoulders nicer in ride and room just 5 MPH slower with same power. AT all the way!!
Ditto, same friends same boats, same feelings!
Old 08-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bonesmalon
Yeah...what he said
this would be "one" of the boats and its bye far the best stepped hull boat Ive ridden on and rivals the few 38 Cigs Ive been on with non stepped hulls, only way i could decide one way or another is have the same driver run both or better yet run both myself
Old 08-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Registered

I can tell you I sleep on my 388 hustler 20 times a year and it works great for me and 5 girls. )
Old 08-21-2014, 03:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
The reason why I brought that up was because the Hustler was described as 38' & 8" of boat; when it's not exactly that.

We tend to use the entirety of the hull when it gets rough, (when it counts) by trimming down and keeping the boat in the water (when it comes to a V-bottom). The 2.5 feet handing off the front as a beak or pulpit, or 2-4 feet hanging off the back as a swim platform or bussel does nothing to increase the wetted surface of the hull and/or improve the ride. (There are a lot more factors than lengthy, but it's probably the majority player.)

This is just wrong!

But a Slingshot and the AT next to each other and you'll see that the Hustler is way longer. Waterline & overall.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Registered

We have loved our Hustler since day one! proper tab and trim and it has run thru anything i have put it in, as Sydways said we have slept 4 adults for 2 full weekends with no complaints
I have the ITS which helps with overall handling, it is a "Drivers boat" which i love, gives great feedback and nothing tricky, overall quality and rigging is hard to match, but it all comes down to what ya like!
you would be great with either one, just gepends on if you want to join a "CULT" or a "CLUB" !!

good luck.
Will
Old 08-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I meant black cloud