Notices

The day has come

Old 08-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The day has come

Had a kid looking to dump the fountain and downsize/ get into something a little more economical for now. I know I am going to get snobbed out, sorry in advance but have to make the switch. Looking for something in the sport cuddy/cruiserish

I really like the Formula SS 26-28 ft models. having a hard time finding one in my budget that close and has a trailer with it.

I have my eye some chaparral SSi the 26 and 28ft models. Any words on those. Looking hard at a 265SSi right now in NJ.

Other models are the rinker captiva, maybe one of the crowns. But I pretty much have it narrowed down to the formula or Chaparral

Looking for something a little more economical all around as in fuel, ease of use, getting more people on it and more space.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had a runt 21 months ago. Its not to difficult to keep the sport boat and still enjoy life on the water.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't help with finding one but all the Chaparrals I've seen and been on seem pretty well built for what they are. You may want to take a look at Regal's too, they seem to be on par with Chaparral. IMO I would stay away from Rinker I have not been impressed with their boats.

Good luck
Old 08-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
Had a kid looking to dump the fountain and downsize/ get into something a little more economical for now. I know I am going to get snobbed out, sorry in advance but have to make the switch. Looking for something in the sport cuddy/cruiserish

I really like the Formula SS 26-28 ft models. having a hard time finding one in my budget that close and has a trailer with it.

I have my eye some chaparral SSi the 26 and 28ft models. Any words on those. Looking hard at a 265SSi right now in NJ.

Other models are the rinker captiva, maybe one of the crowns. But I pretty much have it narrowed down to the formula or Chaparral

Looking for something a little more economical all around as in fuel, ease of use, getting more people on it and more space.

Not going to beat you up.

We didn't have a kid and want to down size to something easier on our life and style of boating.

Good luck in your search.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by looseconnection
We had a runt 21 months ago. Its not to difficult to keep the sport boat and still enjoy life on the water.
I know. But going to make the switch. Something that's more user friendly
Old 08-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spent some time at a chapparel dealer today and was blown away at what they are doing, no wood, transom stringers are all composite with lifetime warranty, creature comforts are huge if you want them, seating for more people than you will want on your boat and fully smart craft equipped. Dual engines can have the joystick option. My neighbor on the lake has a 26 sunesta with 496 (new ones have 8.2) he does 55 with a bravo 3 and planes in 3 seconds with regular load of people and gas.
Originally Posted by soldier4402
I know. But going to make the switch. Something that's more user friendly
Old 08-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Registered

yeah I have looked at the 26 and 28ft both seem like heck of boat. even the 26 has solid seating 8 people. But that's why I move on, something cheaper to run for a while and something that seats more the fountain was a solid 5 with knee knocking. So just want something more manageable for the time being.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought a 27 Regal Fasdeck as a 2nd boat at the beginning of the season. We have put 75 hours on it already and really enjoy it. It has a Volvo 300hp duoprop in it that is turn key all the time. I put more gas in the offshore boat in a weekend than I have put in this thing all year. All kinds of seating and lay out areas to relax. I never dreamed that I would like a boat like this. It is decked out with all the options. Good luck with your search.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

I have a friend that bought a Chaparral 265ssi. Nice boat with amenities, 496, BravoIII 53mph with bottom paint.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]528175[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails The day has come-img_40799857965402.jpeg  
Old 08-25-2014, 07:16 AM
Registered

ended up making a deal on a Chap 265SSI. Pending sea trial on wed. But Im happy, no exhaust, no BBC. But from what I gather for a 26ft cuddy, is still a 50+mph boat. and can comfortably hold 8 people. Sad to see the fountain go, but life changes i guess