Notices

Ripped of yesterday!!!!!

Old 08-23-2014, 11:25 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Your bank will likely allow you to have a second bank checking account for free. (most do)

My PayPal is tied to that account. I keep a $100-200 balance in that account, and in the event I am spending more than that, I transfer it over.

However, that account is not tied to any other accounts for overdraft or the like.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Had the same problem a short while back. They claimed the issue was most likely on my end, but they would cover me. Told me my phone most likely got hacked through an open wifi connection at a restaurant or something of that nature, and they got my password that way.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

USPS Money Orders for buying & selling. As good as cash, cost is 1 dollar.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
USPS Money Orders for buying & selling. As good as cash, cost is 1 dollar.
Problem with that is it doesnt protect you from the seller where Paypal does. A friend bought a set of heads and used paypal. Legit guy, spoke to him on the phone and everything. Paid $800.00 and never got the heads. Turns out the guy sod the heads to 4-5 people in the same week! PayPal refunded his money within about 2 weeks.

I had my PayPal account hacked also for about $300.00. Called them and right away they saw it was fraud and they refunded my money within 3 days and changed my passwords. paypal seems like a very stand up company, never heard of anyone getting scammed and paypal not taking care of it.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by spazboz
Had the same problem a short while back. They claimed the issue was most likely on my end, but they would cover me. Told me my phone most likely got hacked through an open wifi connection at a restaurant or something of that nature, and they got my password that way.
That's why I don't use public wifi.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dagah2x
Problem with that is it doesnt protect you from the seller where Paypal does. A friend bought a set of heads and used paypal. Legit guy, spoke to him on the phone and everything. Paid $800.00 and never got the heads. Turns out the guy sod the heads to 4-5 people in the same week! PayPal refunded his money within about 2 weeks.

I had my PayPal account hacked also for about $300.00. Called them and right away they saw it was fraud and they refunded my money within 3 days and changed my passwords. paypal seems like a very stand up company, never heard of anyone getting scammed and paypal not taking care of it.
Long story short.. Guy on our pond sold a set of like new props on PP, buyer said they were junk and got his $$$ back, seller still waiting for the props. Lot of stories like that on here and other forums. Guess PP likes you..
Old 08-25-2014, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 414 Likes on 249 Posts

Paypal stole $1400 from me for supposedly voilating their terms of service agreement. They said they were keeping the money in case there were any legal fees that arise in the future. Total BS. The reason they aren't secure is because thieves like other thieves. I would never use Paypal again
Old 08-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Long story short.. Guy on our pond sold a set of like new props on PP, buyer said they were junk and got his $$$ back, seller still waiting for the props. Lot of stories like that on here and other forums. Guess PP likes you..
This is the kind of story you will hear about PP more often than not. PP is set up to protect buyers from shady sellers and falls woefully short protecting sellers from shady buyers.

Hard to beat it for buyer protection, but the system can be harsh on sellers.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:03 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

A lot of people have the same password for ebay and paypal. Many of the ebay passwords were hacked a few weeks ago. Best to go to a very secure password and change it every 3 months, do not use it for anything else.