Notices

502 efi problems

Old 08-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 502 efi problems

I just recently bought the boat and I have ran it three times. Motor ran good all three times with the exception on clicking while trying to start sometimes (already ordered a slave selnoid). The hatch motor didn't work when I got the boat and I popped the switch panel off yesterday. I verified the hatch motor does in fact work, but I think the switch is bad.

Fast forward to today. I tried to start the boat in the driveway today, because I planned on going out tomorrow and wanted to make sure everything was ok. Well it just keeps cranking over, but will not start or even try to start. The lanyard switch has been jumped out by connecting the wires. Also the red reset breaker in the black box on the motor did not need to be reset.

I did leave the battery switch on last night by accident, but it still seemed to crank over ok. I am fairly new to this (especially fuel injection) I do have a multi meter and will be able to follow suggestions. Can you guys please help me? My son is dying to go out on it!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Registered

Also I read about checking fuses, but when I opened up the black box they look more like relays.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Registered

One more thing that might help. I don't get the alarm anymore when I turn the key to the on position.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Registered

Micky walked me through it over the phone. It is fixed now. Basically I put a 12v jumper wire in from the key switch to the purple wire that controls the dash and alarm.