Notices

Offshore Legend Visits Miss Geico Racing

Old 09-01-2014, 09:33 PM
skrap
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offshore Legend Visits Miss Geico Racing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]528674[/ATTACH]
This post is long overdue. My good friend and offshore legend Phil Lewis came to the OPA race in Atlantic City in June to visit the Miss Geico Racing Team. Many of you have watched Needle Nose Productions videos of offshore power boat races from the 70's, 80's and 90's. While Phil was in the chopper with his video camera, his twin brother Peter was taking still shots and has one of the largest collection of photos of our sport. Phil is also an accomplished racer having won the Hennessy Grand Prix twice. He campaigned three Bertrams before trading the boats for a camera. (His videos are still available through Big Seas Productions.) He is a true historian and if you ever have a opportunity to talk to him, you will be amazed at how much he remembers about the races, boats and people from the past. Phil has known Scotty Begovich and me since we were about 12 years old and the entire Miss Geico Racing team appreciated him coming to Atlantic City. (Attached Photo of me [John Parks], Phil and Scotty B)
Attached Thumbnails Offshore Legend Visits Miss Geico Racing-img_4178.jpg  
Old 09-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skrap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]528674[/ATTACH]
This post is long overdue. My good friend and offshore legend Phil Lewis came to the OPA race in Atlantic City in June to visit the Miss Geico Racing Team. Many of you have watched Needle Nose Productions videos of offshore power boat races from the 70's, 80's and 90's. While Phil was in the chopper with his video camera, his twin brother Peter was taking still shots and has one of the largest collection of photos of our sport. Phil is also an accomplished racer having won the Hennessy Grand Prix twice. He campaigned three Bertrams before trading the boats for a camera. (His videos are still available through Big Seas Productions.) He is a true historian and if you ever have a opportunity to talk to him, you will be amazed at how much he remembers about the races, boats and people from the past. Phil has known Scotty Begovich and me since we were about 12 years old and the entire Miss Geico Racing team appreciated him coming to Atlantic City. (Attached Photo of me [John Parks], Phil and Scotty B)

So cool....
Old 09-14-2014, 05:56 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Been Away - thanks John for your kind words - !