Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fusion Electronics stereo issues HELP! >

Fusion Electronics stereo issues HELP!

Notices

Fusion Electronics stereo issues HELP!

Old 09-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fusion Electronics stereo issues HELP!

I installed a new Fusion MS-RA205 head unit and NRX200 wired remote with JL amp, sub and speakers. It worked flawlessly for about a month and then it would randomly shut off and sometime not come on again for an hour or so. I contacted Fusion, sent it back in and they said a board was defective and sent a brand new unit back to me. Im still having issues, the remote display will shut off from time to time for no good reason and the radio still plays, I can hit the remote power button and the remote will power back up and be fine. I will admit it happens more frequently in rough water indicating a connection. With that being said, I replaced the main harness on the head unit and I also ran the 12v wires together, directly to the battery as well as the ground to test. I also checked all connections from the remote to the head unit, plugged them in tight and taped them as well. SAME THING. Does anyone else have any problems with this EXACT setup or am I alone?

I am very happy with the simplicity, features and sound of the Fusion but enough is enough. What other head units/remotes are out there from another manufacturer?
Old 09-04-2014, 03:54 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had good luck with mine so far, similar setup
Old 09-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love My Fusion 700 series. I had a 500 series with wired remote in my Velocity. I went with the 700 in my Concept and decided to hook up a wireless router on the boat and use an old iphone for the wireless remote (700 series is Ethernet capable which allows you to use the Fusion Link app to control your radio from an iphone or droid). Sounds like you may have a bad remote.......... Don't give up on the Fusion brand, I don't think there is a radio out there that offeres all of the cool features Fusion does (at least in their 700i head unit).
Old 09-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Registered

I was having remote issues and it turned out to be lack of power. I had 2 batteries set up in parallel that were both bad under warranty. Replaced them and no issues since.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

how is it mounted? on boats you need more then just the DIN chassis. I usually make an aluminum shelf type bracket to hold it secure withing what ever the head unit it mounted in. A boat can really get it to whip up and down if its not well supported, just wonder if its getting some jarring damage. I've not use any Fusion stuff but have some customers that really speak highly of the system. Only other thing that comes to mind when electronics act intermittently funny is possible ground problem.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Registered

I put a back strap on the radio and then bolt it up toward the under dash. I agree that the boards may be jarring around.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the remote cable. I mounted mine in a manner that got pinched in the rough water and had a hard time finding the problem. Once I pulled the remote and the extension wire all the way out it made sense.