Notices

Future for Outerlimits ?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Future for Outerlimits ?

I've been a big fan of the development and innovation of Outerlimits over the years and their drive to improve the performance boating industry. Being in an area well traveled by Fountain's and Cigarette's it was great to hear about their recent new speed records and finally winning the battle with Reggie. The news about the passing of Outerlimits owner is horrible to say the least but I have to ask what will now be the future of Outerlimits ? I hope the brand continues on and keeps producing top notch boats and driving industry innovation as it has been.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm sure that it will, they have a lot of good hands on deck.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I ran into Paul at my marina Saturday. Obviously he has some experience and has a good grasp of what to do and where to go with the company. At least in my opinion he had things under control for now.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Several Don Aronow companies survived and even thrived without Don.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

No inside information just my opinion but I also think OL will continue building top notch boats for the Performance Boat enthusiast. Mike Fiore had a great Team working at OL and they were putting out high quality boats.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 216 Likes on 87 Posts

Outerlimits will continue to grow and develop many of the designs that Mike Fiore left behind.

They have many talented and loyal people working there, from Paul who was the founder of Hustler to Dan who worked side by side with Mike for many years. He really has a very clear understanding of what Mike was doing and how he planned to get to the next step and the next beyond that.

At the memorial service in Rhode Island, there was a lot of talk of new projects that will be coming on board in the very near future. The next will be the new center console that will really be different and move the performance bar way up for that type of boat.

Also a lot of the customers who have been so loyal over the years, now feel like they are part of the family and will continue to purchase these amazing new designs coming down the line.

Outerlimits will continue to lead the high performance builders for many years to come.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's all Mike would want. For it to keep growing and moving forward and they will not let him down on that. Like many have said, they have one hell of a team that have been loyal to Mike & Paul for many years.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

I read seveal times that OL has one or two really badazz engineers that were degreed in one or both hydrodynamics and aerodynamics. In my opinion OL wasnt run like many of the "other" boat builders. They had several degreed guys AND skunkworks style guys (non degreed but 1000's of hours of R&D time) I think thats why their design was comparably advanced. That being said, even though Mike is unfortunately gone, all the abilities to keep turning out boats remains. The braintrust is still there and Mike has has one heck of a legacy...
Old 10-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry but Im going to say I am less optimistic than others that have posted. I deep down hope Im wrong and if so Ill be the first to admit it.