Ben Kramer to be released!?!?

Old 10-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ben Kramer to be released!?!?

http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/...prison-release

Looks like it may happen

His 2 cohorts just got a pass

Last edited by Cash Bar; 10-09-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Interesting... give me the popcorn.

I have always wondered though, does he have the resources to jump right back into boats? I wish I knew all the circumstances,but I dont, so I'll keep my judgement to myself

Last edited by PigNaPoke; 10-10-2014 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Interesting read.....thanks for posting! I used to get Autoweek for years and that was the first article I have read from them in a long time.

We should start a thread on all the things that Ben should know about boating (changes since he has been gone).....

1. Lots of no wake zones in Dade/Broward that weren't there before (maybe a quick lesson on manatees)
2. Reggie is retired
3. If he wants to insure high performance, he will have to take a Tres Martin class!
4. Weed is better today than back then and legal in some states (isn't that a kick in the balls to a guy serving decades for it)
5. Key West Poker Run is bigger than the race itself (as far as boats participating)

Maybe send him out on a reality show as a buyer looking at Apaches and then let the owners spew the accolades and Ben can call them out on any mistakes!
Old 10-10-2014, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

This sums it up right here:

Last spring, U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. endorsed a U.S. Sentencing Commission proposal to reduce sentencing for convicted drug dealers. About half the 215,000 federal inmates were sentenced for drug-related crimes.

In July, the Commission granted full retroactivity to a guideline amendment, permitting nearly 50,000 federal drug inmates to petition for reduced sentences. The initial release of some prisoners begins November, 2015. The goal is to reduce prison populations, slash costs and restore a sense of fairness in the criminal justice system.
- See more at: http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/....PNUCxciH.dpuf

The de-criminalization of narcotic offenses. Here in California we have the early parole release program (PROS) where narcotic offenders are released early of there initial crime was non violent (even if they were later cinvicted of violent crimes) and prop 36, allows offenders to go to "counseling" for their drug using, selling, transporting, etc problem.

Over crowded jails and prisons and lack of funding is the problem. The real problem however is that drug sales and use are the root cause to violent crime as well as property crimes to support the habit.

Before prop36 here in ca. You'd get a mandatory 90 days in jail for being under the influence of heroin, meth, coke etc. This would get the user that's stealing your sh1t off the street and it would give them the opportunity to dry out and attempt to stop using. Worked great.

Aaaaaaanyway, I'll step down from the soap box.

Wasn't Kramer due to get out pretty soon anyway. Ran into his kid in KW a couple years ago. Nice guy, worked at a bar off of Duval st.

PS, why did Cashbar edit dreamers post??

Last edited by thisistank; 10-10-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Interesting read.....thanks for posting! I used to get Autoweek for years and that was the first article I have read from them in a long time.

We should start a thread on all the things that Ben should know about boating (changes since he has been gone).....

1. Lots of no wake zones in Dade/Broward that weren't there before (maybe a quick lesson on manatees)
2. Reggie is retired
3. If he wants to insure high performance, he will have to take a Tres Martin class!
4. Weed is better today than back then and legal in some states (isn't that a kick in the balls to a guy serving decades for it)
5. Key West Poker Run is bigger than the race itself (as far as boats participating)

Maybe send him out on a reality show as a buyer looking at Apaches and then let the owners spew the accolades and Ben can call them out on any mistakes!
Don't forget about lanyards.....
Old 10-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 570 Likes on 237 Posts

First, Lanier must spend the next months in a residential re-entry center. He is neither permitted to drink alcohol nor patronize establishments that sell it. The court forbids him from possessing firearms or weapons. Among several other stipulations, Lanier must submit to one drug test within 15 days of his release from prison, and to at least two periodic drug tests thereafter. He is allowed to be drug-tested once a week for a year. He must also undergo drug and alcohol treatment.

Wow I can see the Drug test but also treatment ? I think after doing 25 years the monkey is far gone.

And to Deny the guy a couple nice cold beers with a Pizza when he gets out is just cruel.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

PS, why did Cashbar edit dreamers post??
Because it was only titled "Kramer to be released?" and only had about 70 views. I added "Ben" so it made sense to more people.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eric Holder. His actions advanced his career accordingly.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:25 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

this could be a real sh*t show with the whole apache deal.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Isn't Aronows Murder going to keep him in there?? I thought he got more charges for that, which the others didnt.. No???

Last edited by fastdonzi; 10-10-2014 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.