Old 10-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

I believe that AT is Rage N Thunder.. and yes the HUstler is Wild Trips
Old 10-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DRock is correct. Rocketman's 37 AT Rage n Thunder and Wild Trips. It was all fake and staged. Notice the guy took his shoes off when getting on it?

When the repo dude was running it, Tony was on the floor. No way was he letting him touch it without being very close by.

I thought DRock was buying that AT? Apparently you needed more drinks in the hot tub at Boyne. LOL!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 32fever
DRock is correct. Rocketman's 37 AT Rage n Thunder and Wild Trips. It was all fake and staged. Notice the guy took his shoes off when getting on it?

When the repo dude was running it, Tony was on the floor. No way was he letting him touch it without being very close by.

I thought DRock was buying that AT? Apparently you needed more drinks in the hot tub at Boyne. LOL!

LOL...I will still be talking to Steve this winter as its still an option. But the price probably just went up 10k since it's a piece of reality TV history now. haha
Old 10-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Might be $20k more if he signs it. And if they call Steve to do his own "Powerboat Dynasty" show, who knows then....LOL!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Registered

I think the price would be lower since all you ever heard was "I can't keep up with that boat".... Just saying lol
Old 10-12-2014, 06:31 AM
Registered

Kevin Lacey is the real deal and probably the others are too

but the very best episodes are the season 1 episode 1 and 2 and perhaps 3

the Nick guy is the best in the business and I am pretty sure those are not staged......but the issue is he was having issues with the airports for not staging things because it is one thing to show up with credentialed pilots and repomen, but the camera people are not the same

http://watchseries.lt/episode/Airplane_Repo_s1_e1.html

(the gorilla vids link works have a popup blocker on for sure)
Old 10-12-2014, 07:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

The boat and haul rig must be worth 1.3 million, they said so on TV so it must be true, whatever.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexasVines
Kevin Lacey is the real deal and probably the others are too

but the very best episodes are the season 1 episode 1 and 2 and perhaps 3

the Nick guy is the best in the business and I am pretty sure those are not staged......but the issue is he was having issues with the airports for not staging things because it is one thing to show up with credentialed pilots and repomen, but the camera people are not the same

http://watchseries.lt/episode/Airplane_Repo_s1_e1.html

(the gorilla vids link works have a popup blocker on for sure)
Yes back when the show had Nick Popovich on it, that was legit. Kevin Lacey used to be Nicks top go-getter and has since started his own business. "Texas Air Fleet" which is also legit. You can even see him wearing the shirts on the show. He described it like this: "95% of the time the repos go uneventful, just sitting at a desk with the airport manager doing paperwork and then he gets the plane. But the other 5% is where the show comes in, that's where things have to go differently in order to get the plane."
Old 10-12-2014, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There has been ongoing talk about how Discovery (aka the Alaska Tourism channel), History, et al, have completely deviated from the stated purpose of non-fiction programming, to staging almost all fake programming to attract the ignorant masses. Sadly, they rely on the viewers' undying belief that these channels will only show non-fiction to sell their stories. They rarely explain the shows are dramatized, fabricated or completely made up. But basic internet searches not only reveal the truth, but cast doubt on the channels' futures.

Read up on the mermaid documentary to see what I'm talking about.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
There has been ongoing talk about how Discovery (aka the Alaska Tourism channel), History, et al, have completely deviated from the stated purpose of non-fiction programming, to staging almost all fake programming to attract the ignorant masses. Sadly, they rely on the viewers' undying belief that these channels will only show non-fiction to sell their stories. They rarely explain the shows are dramatized, fabricated or completely made up. But basic internet searches not only reveal the truth, but cast doubt on the channels' futures.

Read up on the mermaid documentary to see what I'm talking about.
How dare you call the masses ignorant. Why, they're the very same people who voted Obama in to office. Now take that back !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.