Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is the turbine class out for sbi racing in the future ? >

Is the turbine class out for sbi racing in the future ?

Notices

Is the turbine class out for sbi racing in the future ?

Old 10-15-2014, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
But strangely enough not announced until after the new Grand Prix Offshore series (or whatever its called) confirmed that they took control of one of SBI prizes sites.??

and please try and save the class was eliminated way before nonsense, you know as well as I do that John's happy to fit any high dollar team/boat into a class or make one (if the price is right)$$
Its been out of the book for a while and all the turbine were notified. You might not of known but it but the teams did and it had nothing to do with any new org. Maybe they will run turbine class in the new org perfect opportunity for them to try and build boat count. Just curious what advantage would it be for SBI to announce it after the new org announced themselves and before KW just curious? Not sure what announcement went out that u are talking about. As far as I know SBI hasn't released any new press release and when they do it goes to team owners.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 10-15-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

I wrote about this in my Tuesday (yesterday) column. Of course, this is my take and not everyone will agree with it. But for what it's worth, http://www.offshoreonly.com/articles...-good-riddance.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Matt, pretty much sums it up.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

This is just my opinion, with isn't worth much... I am kind of glad the turbine class never took off. The gee whiz factor is incredible. The technology awesome.. That said, imagine 5 or 6 turbine boats dialed in with all the bugs worked out. All easily capable of hitting 200 plus pushing each other. We have seen multiple fatalities at slower speeds and better conditions. If the turbine class had taken off, I really think it would have gotten pretty ugly.