Notices

Dreamboats

Old 10-21-2014, 05:19 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Yea they are to purpose built for me. Fine if you are going to tear it up for a couple hours and than put it away, But to go out for a whole day and swim and do normal boat activities. No.
Plus I like coming back from a day windburned and tired from having a trillion cubif feet of fresh sea air shoved in my face.
I put over 500 hours on my last cat in 4 summers in Texas. I use my boat like a family boat. The cockpit of my coupe is just a roomy as my fathers 42 fountain. The seats are high off the floor, my wife can't touch setting down. Its not like a Skater or MTI where the seats are bolted to the floor.

I like to stay out all day sometimes to 2am or so. Being able to stay out of the wind running all day if you run 100-200 miles on a sat is a good thing. To each his own I guess.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm reading this thread with my 5 year old and he keeps bugging me to check my lottery tickets lol
Old 10-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the Lemonators. The red one looks like something you'd see at Speed Week in Utah running on the salt.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 598 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by CLA
I put over 500 hours on my last cat in 4 summers in Texas. I use my boat like a family boat. The cockpit of my coupe is just a roomy as my fathers 42 fountain. The seats are high off the floor, my wife can't touch setting down. Its not like a Skater or MTI where the seats are bolted to the floor.

I like to stay out all day sometimes to 2am or so. Being able to stay out of the wind running all day if you run 100-200 miles on a sat is a good thing. To each his own I guess.
I totally understand your point of view. don't get me wrong , And I understand the getting out of the wind thing at the speeds you cat guys got to maintain to get those things where they just start to pack air.

It's just the looks of the new mono's and all cats just don't do it for me because they should.
You see nowadays I am mostly a sailor have been both for 45 years ,loving the offshore boats more in the earlier years but now more towards the sailboats . Grew up sailing on the classics and loving the beauty of them but that all went on the window when I went for a ride on my 1st hi-performance cat 35 years ago and now I can look past the awkwardness of the looks of the sailcats and admire the beauty for the speed and efficiency that they possess.

Just ain't workin in the powerboats for me quite yet
Old 10-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dream boat is a 42' Fountain with 1350's Come on Powerball!!
Old 10-22-2014, 03:47 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Nothing really over the top but still can not afford any of the wish list that I would like to have.

The original Dragon Boat
The brand new GTMM
Pick of any brand new Apache
The brand new 42 Chief
Brand new 43 Nor-tech
Brand new 36 Sunsation
Maybe a new 41 Pantera

All V- hull apps on my wish list

for single engine boat apps

New Rage
New 29 Laveycraft
New 29 Progression
new 29 Hustler
New 30 Adrenaline
If all possible New 28 Apache / Brave with a single engine app.

or a used 30 Activator in mint condition and babied.

Not in any specific order either. I better start saving every penny by the looks of this list.

Last edited by BUP; 10-22-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:18 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still my all-time favorite Daytona Coupe...

Last edited by shueman; 10-26-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Last couple days as I was pouring through the Apache and Saber threads looking for answers I kinda fell in Love with Clifford.Love the simple dark red with the silver accents. Boat looks all business

But this is still in my top 2 favorites I know it doesn't probably handle like any of the newer models but it's all Class

I'm so with you on this boat. Yeah I know all the other high-tech boats are so much better...I don't care, this is an absolute beauty. I'd take it and wave with a smile as all the others blow past me.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:41 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting thought ,the dreamboat. To me the dream boat would be just that the dream that I came up with using some custom builder somewhere taking a proven or not so proven race hull and making it a beautiful pleasure boat maybe a large phantom or SeaRex . To build something not in the mainstream.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 553 Likes on 336 Posts

Hogie,

I like this pic

luv the way the windshield looks like its part of the boat naturally.

the windshield doesn't look like an after-thought but a natural integral part of the hull

The receiver just flows soo smoothly from the deck to the receiver to the glass

thanks for sharing these pics

Who makes this glass windshield?

Photo Credit: OSO ID: "Hogie Roll"

Last edited by noli; 10-25-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.