Mercury Marine ‘Disappointed’ In Court’s Ethanol Ruling >

Mercury Marine ‘Disappointed’ In Court’s Ethanol Ruling

Notices

Mercury Marine ‘Disappointed’ In Court’s Ethanol Ruling

Old 10-29-2014, 02:56 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

PAYTON I am sorry I missed your post # 107.

here is what I know but I will have to go back on my notes to clarify. Isobutanol and the difference between butanol basically is with the carbon chains linked together as it is linked to 2 carbon chains compared to 3 carbon chains.

Gevo has made some ground with their Iso fuel but really has not gain any other attention nor market for it. I do not know why. I heard it was because they and manufacturer of butanol were sueing eachother over products. Gevo Iso also carries a higher BTU rating than E 10 fuel along with with 0 phase separation. Also has a high octane rating like Ethanol. I think pure ethanol has a octane rating of 112 or 121 something like that.

Also you can only purchase ethanol at 98 % not 100 %. The 2 % is something else mixed into to make it very toxic so the drunks do not go out buy it to drink as alcohol. I do know this for a fact. Its 98% max in the USA for purchase.

I have a friend who deals with the OEM's and the EPA with emission related parts and chemicals who knows a lot about this. He deals with most of the marine OEMs as far as their products and technical emission related stuff.

IMO the smartest person I have ever talked to about fuels and Ethanol products is Tim Wusz with Rocket brand fuels. He was so involved with it from Nascar to EPA to the Oil & fuel producers themselves.

Last edited by BUP; 10-29-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:55 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2...bate/index.htm