Notices

Racing Opinions

Old 11-10-2014, 05:52 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,063 Likes on 280 Posts

If you're on a budget, build a bracket boat and race OPA. More boats in the bracket classes, a race at LOTO, etc.
www.oparacing.org
Old 11-10-2014, 06:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
What a great 3 days of watching all the KW races. I'd like to do this some day. From my computer my opinions are

1) Racing in a cat (any cat) looks dangerous (and I'm a cat owner).... I thought the Vees looked more stable. Every race today "almost" had a cat blow over.

2) I like the racing where all boats are subject to the same limitations...i.e. money can't buy you a win (sort of). The Superboat class is my favorite followed by the SB stock. Really my least favorite is the SB unlimited. It seems like even people who throw millions of dollars out still can't hardly finish a race.

3) Superboat Extreme - puts on a really good show. I like the fact that they are big, fast, loud, and they finish the race. It seems this would be a more expensive class the SB stock but less expensive than Superboat. 6-8 of these guys going at once would be fun to watch.

4) All the racers had to get the crap beat out of them today.

Lot's of fun to watch and I'm glad there were no tragedies (I really thought Geico was going over).

Bret:
In the past, I have raced in "V Extreme", "P1", and for the past 5 years SV( SVL). Give me a ring this week and give you some insight on some options to consider. We find LOTO is the ideal place to get dial in a race/poker run boat.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having done it for a few years and if I were to do it over, I would build either a Super Stock boat or Vee Lite.

SS has the best fleet, rules, and was the funnest boat I ever had.

SVL is a thrill on a budget but they are always whinning and cheating or accusing each of it.

Last edited by Wahoo ATV; 11-10-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:ucas Oil is a Vee bottom rudder boat?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They said Lucas oil has a little over 600hp less a side then geico, that boat was just flat out impressive in the water conditions on sunday. Never saw them even have a sketchy moment, hammered down and rocked through with ease.

I like the P3, P4, and SVL classes, it would be awesome to do P3 in a 35 or 38 staggered fountain. Budget wise unless got a great sponsor, P4 would be about it for me, and thats not really in my budget lol. Not saying superboat unlimited and superboat classes aren't cool, but the budget is insane.

Oh and how about Snowy Mountain Brewery, that outerlimits is legit. They said they made them lower the drive height an inch to slow them down, that boat ran trimmed out on the edge all the time, hats off to them.

Last edited by ealesh33; 11-10-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Registered

They will build Silverhook race and pleasure models for a prospective buyer. Nigel owns the company, Silverhook Powerboats, and is eager to build more boats.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Registered

Did they announce they are selling?

Would it work for SB Extreme?
No it's too heavy
Old 11-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Kings11
That Lucas Oil boat flew so level was quite amazing to see. Interested to see how it would go as a pleasure boat now, and if it will get any interest especially after it's showing today.
The Lucas Oil boat is an Ocke Mannerfelt design, based on the same hull as the V-24 "batboats". Through hull design and weigh distribution they have a tendancy to fly pretty straight and level. They like the rough water allot. Vector Powerboats make a pleasure boat based on the same design. Chris Reindl races V24's and won the OPA National and World titles this year in Class 6.

Sorry about the hijack.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Did they announce they are selling?

Would it work for SB Extreme?
Junior and I talked to Nigel Hook, the owner and throttleman, in detail a couple of years ago when he had it at the Shootout (static display at Captain Rons). His company offers a full race build on this boat. Nigel started his racing in a V24, like several others.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:45 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

I think slv or another production class would fun. After that just seams to be most money wins. Also being a drag car bracket racer it's fun knowing you can bust the speed and lose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.