Notices

The real power of o.s.o.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up The real power of o.s.o.

so it's safe to say most of us here are pretty fortunate. This holiday season check out

www.2hands.org/presoapboxholiday.html

pick your state and select someone based on their bio story. Usually to help little kids that are underprivileged.
It's a lot more personal than dropping a toy in a bag, or canned good in a shopping cart. You select the person, email them to ask what they are in need of ( and make sure they are sincere ), and take it from there.......mail the goods, drop off in person, etc.....

Anyways you'll feel good and it'll erase some evil you've done in the past !!! or at least that's what I'm hoping for !!!!

So let's see what this site can do.

Also I respectfully ask mods to leave this in the g.d. area for views. If it doesn't get TTT by others interested I'll let it sink.

MD

Last edited by scarab63; 11-19-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

We have been doing that for a few years now, but get the families through my mother in laws church.

It started a few years back when I got upset and said I was boycotting Christmas the next year. Everyone ended up the final year sitting around the tree handing gift cards out to one another,,,, I about lost it,,,,, I said why don't we just hand each other $100 bills. I got the response ,,,,, we don't know what to buy anymore........Proof we have everything we need

Now we do the family in need thing for clothes food and gifts for the children,,,,,,, and a white elephant grab bag for ourselves after dinner and have never had more fun !!!

Last edited by obnoxus; 11-21-2014 at 03:25 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 85 Posts

Great idea. Sometimes we just need a little nudge to take a look at something like this!
Old 11-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been doing basically the same thing for a few years now, picking up Christmas tree angels for the less fortunate children. Keep up the good work! Timely post scarab63.
We realized several years ago we already have too much stuff and would rather do for others at this time of year.